Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Black Label Cosmetics Liquid Lips | New Brand New Love


Recently, a new brand called Black Label Cosmetics created their first products - three gorgeous liquid lipstick shades. I love supporting indie makeup brands. I have found that they're often bred by some of the most passionate and lovely people, who put forth everything that they have to create amazing products and hopefully make a name for themselves within the ever so competitive cosmetics world. Supporting local and small businesses are pretty key in my opinion and can lead you to finding products and hidden gems you never would be able to find on the mass market.



Sure there are tons of liquid lipsticks out there in the world but I think we can all agree that they are not created equally. Some are really dry, some bleed, and others are just right. 

I think the Black Label Cosmetics ones really hit the nail on the head with their liquid lipsticks. When it comes to the comfortability of liquid lipsticks Jeffree Star's Velour Liquid Lips are the standard of which I base my opinion and I think that these are right on par. They have a smooth, thin, creamy consistency that wears comfortably for (7+) hours without that dry caked on feeling. These liquid lipsticks blend out and glide on beautifully for an opaque color that is easily worn alone or paired with your favorite lip products. There is a slight bit of transfer so touch ups after meals is necessary and sticking to light smooching in this lipstick is suggested. Other than when you're eating or kissing you don't have to worry about this liquid lip moving or drying out your lips at all throughout the day. A lip that is worry free and comfortable - what more can you ask for, honestly. 



The three shades the brand is starting their launch out with are Lucid, Dark Horse, and Bitter Pill.

Lucid is a very pale peach toned nude. I love nudes but, I never thought that this would be a go-to shade for me until I slid it on. On it's own it gives just enough warmth to give my lips a little bit more color than my skin making it great to contrast dark warm grungy smokey eyes. When paired with a darker neutral liner it becomes a my lips but better everyday lip shade that pairs well with every kind of look you can throw at it.

Dark Horse is a beautiful dark eggplant purple. I love the depth of this shade because it instantly gives an air of mystery to any look. Dark Horse holds the ability to take a clean everyday winged liner look and turn it into a sleek 'gothic' look. It's a sophisticated kind of purple that can be easily worn by almost anyone without the worry of it looking obnoxious or too loud like some purples can be. 

Bitter Pill is a grey toned mauve. Much like Lucid I see this as an everyday color with a twist. The color's grey tones give it a grungy edge that brings it a lot of character. I think it's perfect match for a blackout smokey eye. I also think it's an easy way to ease yourself into wearing color on your lips if you're typically used to wearing more nudes and neutrals.

So far I'm really loving what Black Label Cosmetics is doing with these liquid lipsticks. They are so comfortable and longwearing I can't wait to see how many other people love them as much as I do and I'm really looking forward to what the brand comes up with next. These liquid lipsticks have a hard launch on December 9th so keep your eyes peeled and don't forget to pick some up!

No comments :

Post a Comment