Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: November 2013


Hey loves! The past month has been pretty crazy and overly stressful to say the least. It has caused some major slacking but I figured there is no better way to get back into the swing of things like sharing my November Ipsy Glam bag with you all.



First, we have a double pack of Kiss "Ever Ez Lashes" in style 03 which comes with a little baby tube of eyelash glue and a little pink eyelash applicator. These eyelashes are great for adding just a little bit of something extra to your eyes. They're pretty natural looking lashes once you put them on but they are just enough to give some drama and bring a look together. The eyelash glue works well but, personally i think any eyelash glue is good so long as it keeps these little eye toupees in place. Unfortunately for me though the eyelash applicator tweezer contraption did not work out and actually made it harder for me to put on the lashes. Using regular tweezers to put on my lashes just works best for me personally. 




The next item I received in my glam bag was this Nailtini nail lacquer in "Caviar Cocktail." This is a metallic gunmetal gray polish with small flecks of silver and white glitter. It is an amazing color for the fall and winter because it such a deep color but it still pops. 





This is a Be a...Bombshell lip crayon in "Shameless." It's a raspberry shade with fine flecks of silver glitter. In general the color is pretty but it is not something for me. I tend to find overly glittery lip products to be very childish and cheap looking. Other than that though the product has a nice smooth formula that doesn't dry out your lips. 



The Starlooks Gem Pencil in Amethyst is a very light purple with tons of silver glitter. This is not a very wearable color for me. I love Starlooks other eye and lip pencils and similarly this product has a soft and smooth formula that glides on and is easily blended out.  I can't think of many things I would use this product for at all. I created the above eye look using this as an accent eyeliner but even then I'm not completely sure that this is a product that you even want to be using around  your eyes because of all the glitter in it. When whipping off this look I'm 98% sure I got some of the glitter in my eyes because they burned for a good few minutes afterwards (tragic i know.) 




Up next I have the Pixi Beauty Bronzer in "Subtly Suntouched." This is a shimmery medium honey toned bronzer that gives the skin a light healthy glow. Normally the only time i use bronzer is for contouring and I only use matte shades but I have to say that I really like this product for warming up my complexion. When I use it I almost use it the same way that I would use blush and sometimes I even use it as a substitute. 



Last but not least in this month's Ipsy Glam Bag there was this Em Waterliner in "Amazing Grey." The shade is a metallic gunmetal color which is very similar to the "Caviar Cocktail" Nailtini. The formula seems a bit dry but thats good because it is easily blended with the blender side of the liner but once its blended it doesn't smudge by the touch of your finger. I can't say this is a color I would wear often but I think I could use it similarly to the way that I used the Starlooks gem pencil or I could incorporate it into a nice smoky eye look. 


That's it for this months Ipsy Glam Bag! I hope you liked it ;)

- Lexi

No comments :

Post a Comment