Monday, November 3, 2014

My Favorite Beauty Tips, Tricks, and Hacks


In every aspect of our lives there are things that we do to make life a little bit easier and the beauty department is no exception. God knows that no one has any time to in their lives to make stuff harder than it needs to be. I don't think there is one person in this world that would willingly do things the hard way and if there are such people they are probably rightfully labeled as masochists. In order to save my sanity, at least the beauty part of my life, I decided to put together a few of my favorite simple beauty tips, tricks, and hacks to share with all of you. Hopefully they will make your lives  a little easier too.


1. Use Coconut oil to remove your lipstick, even on the go. A few months ago I wrote about ways to use coconut oil (here) and I said that it was great for removing eye makeup. Not long afterwards I discovered that its also a great way to break down hard to remove lipsticks, even liquid lipsticks. All you have to do is rub a little coconut oil all over your lips with your finger or a cotton swab and it instantly begins to melt away. Then once the product has broken down enough you just have to wipe it away with a tissue, leaving your lips soft and clean. I scooped some of my coconut oil into an old little Sephora sample jar so that I can bring it with me in my makeup bag. This way if my lipstick ever gets gross throughout the day I can fully remove it and start fresh without any hassle. 

2. Fix dry gel liners with a little makeup remover. Gel liners tend to be a little tricky when they are a dry formula or they begin to dry up. To fix this issue scoop some of the liner onto the back of your hand using your liner brush and then using a cotton swab dab a little bit of makeup remover on top of the product. Afterwards use your brush to mix the two together and boom your eyeliner will glide on easily and smoothly again. p.s - adding a little makeup remover to mascaras also helps them to work just like new again. 

3. Avoid nip slips with waterproof bandages. I'm pretty sure every girl at some point has or will use a variation of this technique when properly trying to style themselves in a strangely cut top or dress. I prefer the waterproof bandages with the seal all the way around them to cover my nipply bits because 1. you're not going to sweat them off and 2. you wont have to worry about their being any weird square shaped bits being visible through your top. I always try to get the larger sized bandages so that the sticky part isn't over top of my nips. This helps not to injure one's self when you're trying to remove the bandages. p.s - warm water helps to take them off.

4. Spray before you set. This one is for my oily skin girls or anyone who needs their makeup to stay put for days. After you apply your foundation (and other liquid/ cream type face products) blot your face with a tissue to remove excess oil and product and then spray your face with a setting spray. After you let the spray dry finish up with your powders and the rest of your makeup and then spray yourself with setting spray again. This will ensure that your makeup will be going absolutely nowhere. 

5. Avoid chunky spider lashes by wiping off the wand before you apply. Although I feel like this should be basic knowledge I'm not sure that it is... When you're applying volumizing mascaras (or any mascara) wipe the excess product off the wand before applying it to your lashes. This will help you to avoid mascara messes all over your lids, nose, and cheeks as well as help you to avoid overly chunky lashes. 

6. Always keep cotton swabs on deck! More often than not cotton swabs will save your life in one way or another. These are great for virtually everything; fixing winged liner, removing rouge mascara, smudging liner, adding color, exfoliating your lips, etc. the list goes on and on. I don't have a favorite way to use cotton swabs because they are seriously good for anything and everything so you might as well just have an abundance of them around you at all times. 

No comments :

Post a Comment