Friday, January 2, 2015

Sephora Pantone Color of the Year: Marsala | Liquid Liner Review


Normally I don't stray too far from the path when it comes to my liners. I usually will stick to the standard black gel liner for a strong winged liner look and call it a day. It's quite rare for me to even do any glitter accent lining or anything of the sort but, when I saw the Sephora Pantone Color of the Year liquid liner part of me knew I had to have it. There is something classically edgy about its metallic medium deep marsala coloring and I completely adore it. The color makes a statement without being too bold or distracting from the overall look. It is perfect for this season full of warm reds and deep purples but, I can also see it transitioning itself into the months to come along side all of the nudes and neutral tones that seem to stay classic throughout the year.  


The brush of the liner is made up of thin flexible yet firm bristles that give you just the right amount of precision for crisp lines and sharp edges. The formula is wet enough to allow the liner to go on smoothly without being too watery and hard to manage. When the formula dries it feels comfortable and lasts all day and night without flaking.




This metallic marsala tone is modern with a little edge so although it may seem a bit odd at first glance it is actually quite perfect for a subtle pop of color to add into any neutral look. Yet, at the same time its great to add a little extra flare to any dramatic or smokey eye. None the less I know this isn't a liner color for everyone but, I do think that if you're feeling a little adventurous or are ready to try something new without being too dramatic I suggest you check this liner out. You might end up liking it way more than you would have ever thought! 

No comments :

Post a Comment