Monday, June 15, 2015

Another MAC Purchase | Persistence and Antique Velvet


I'm not going to lie when it comes to MAC I don't know much other than that I love their lipsticks. If someone tells me they want to get a foundation and that their MAC shade is NC25 I am going to look at them with a blank stare and a raised brow because what they just told me means absolutely nothing to me. On the other hand tell me you're looking for a lipstick that looks like Media or Girl About Town and we are in easy business. Since they launched their new\ revamped mattes lipstick collection I haven't been able to stay away. It also doesn't help that there is a MAC Pro store right next to my job. 



While walking to grab something to eat the other day I magically found myself picking up Persistence and Antique Velvet. I was just lucky that I didn't cave and buy the other two colors that I wanted as well (it's only a matter of time though.) Persistence is a matte peachy brown that is basically the warm sibling to MAC Whirl while Antique Velvet is a matte dark chocolate brown. Both clearly right up my typical lipstick alley.

They both glide on smoothly, feel creamy on the lips, and never feel overly dry. Their opaque color and 4 - 5 hour wear make them ideal for long work days and even longer nights...not that I really have many of those but, still if I wanted to I totally could bring these lipsticks along for the ride. I have a few bright colors but, I always come back to just using my most beloved browns and neutrals. Sure someone could say that all of my lipsticks look the same but, to me they are all uniquely different and easy to wear. 

No comments :

Post a Comment