Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites | A Clearing Treatment that Works


I've been messing around with a few skincare products for the past month or two and things have been going alright but, things didn't necessarily get much better. I'm sure you are all aware and sick of my woes by now. My skin calmed down but, nothing monumental seemed to be happening. Thankfully things weren't getting worse but the results I was getting still weren't exactly what I wanted. I felt like I really liked all of the products I've been using I just needed to tweak something in the mix. 



I realized that the issue was probably that there was some type of acne treatment in almost every single product I'd been using and it was probably just too much for my skin to handle so it was still freaking out and trying to purge. So I cut out doing so many masks and other treatments to only once or twice a week and made my regimen mildly less aggressive. I decided to still cleanse with my Foreo and Boscia Black Luminizing Cleanser day and night as well as exfoliate with my Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder once a day. Although I do skip my daily exfoliation the day after I use a deep exfoliating treatment. Then I stopped using the Boscia Revitalizing Black Hydration Gel and opted for the Josie Maran Light Argan Oil so that the only thing I was getting from my moisturizing product was hydration and nourishment. 

As for the actual treatment part of my regimen I started using the Dr. Dennis Gross Acne Eliminating pads twice a day instead of only once and decided to keep using the Murad Acne Clearing Solution during the day. I've only been using this routine for about two weeks now but, my skin has already gotten so much better. I still have a few little bumps and spots around my jaw but it is nothing like it was before. When I'm not wearing any makeup most of my problem areas aren't even noticeable. 

It goes to show you that when you work to hard at something sometimes it just blows up right in your face. I guess it's just a little better to be a little less aggressive about things sometimes and just let things slowly take their course. 

No comments :

Post a Comment