Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Make Up For Ever Cinema Flash Palete | Review


The Make Up For Ever Cinema Flash Palette comes with 12 neutral flash colors that are super creamy, light, and opaque. These shades work well on their own or with each other to make a multitude of gorgeous colors. This palette has the same general concept as the original flash palette but this one is a little bit more user friendly because the colors allow you to need less of an understanding of color theory to use it and it requires less color mixing.


Make Up For Ever has always been and always will be one of my favorite high-end makeup brands. I've coveted their flash palettes forever but, before now I never even dreamed of getting one because they are pretty pricey ($99.) I'm not going to lie it was still a bit out of my budget at the moment but, I realized it is a really worthwhile investment. I'm starting to put a makeup kit together and this palette is such a great edition to it because its so versatile it can be used for basically anything. You can use it to make foundations, contour shades, concealers, blushes, lipsticks, and even eyeshadow bases. These would also make great face and body paints for special events or for Halloween. I would recommend setting these colors with some type of powder since they are cream based and may tend to crease or not stay put otherwise. These colors are also water resistant but I would not say that they are waterproof. You get a ton of product in each section and a little goes a long way since it is so pigmented. Since I've gotten the palette it has become part of my everyday routine in one way or another. At the very least I normally blend two of the shades together to get a nice cream contour and then add a bit of one of the more pinky shades as a cream blush. 


[ Top left to right: 029 Grey, 039 Neutral Brown, 037 Purple Grey, 032 Rosewood, 033 Dark Antique Pink, 030 Ivory]
[ Bottom left to right: 016 Livid, 028 Kaki, 034 Pink Brown, 031 Fresh Pink, 035 Sienna, 036 Rusty Brown ] 

029 Grey - medium tone grey with blue undertones

039 Neutral Brown - neutral chocolate brown

037 Purple Grey - medium ashy plum with pinky undertones

032 Rosewood - dark dusty pink with brown undertones 

033 Dark Antique Pink - light dusty pink

030 Ivory - cream with yellow undertones

016 Livid - light toned grey

028 Kaki - light brown with yellow/ green undertones

034 Pink Brown - dark dusty pink

031 Fresh Pink - bright coral pink

035 Sienna - warm tone pinky beige

036 Rusty Brown - very warm red toned brown

There is a USA specific warning on the back that indicates that you shouldn't wear particular colors near the mouth or eyes. I think its odd but there are other brands who have eyeshadow palettes that recommend certain colors not be worn around the eyes. I've been told its because certain ingredients within those specific colors haven't been tested on those areas. Personally I occasionally wear these colors around my eyes and mouth anyway... I'm not saying that you should but, I am just going to throw out the fact that I haven't had any strange reactions to the colors despite the warning. 


Colors not suited for the eyes: 028 Kaki , 031 Fresh Pink, 032 Rosewood, 034 Pink Brown, 035 Sienna

Colors not suited for the lips: 016 Livid, 028 Kaki, 029 Grey, 037 Purple Grey

This palette has become hands down one of my favorite products that I own. Since it is a bit pricey I wouldn't recommend everyone just run out and get it but, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who definitly thinks they will get a good amount of use out of it. It's perfect for any makeup artist's kit or anyone who is trying to take their makeup knowledge and skill to the next level. 

No comments :

Post a Comment