Monday, July 13, 2015

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Damned | Review


One more liquid lipstick to add to my collection because the Lord knows you can never have too many. They are my favorite type of lip product to wear especially when I'm at work or going out because I don't have to worry about smudging or constantly reapplying.  Since I'm generally pretty lazy I really appreciate things like this that stay pristine all day with little to no effort. They are one of those true miracle products in my book. 



Enter the new Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Damned - A dark blackened burgundy shade that bellows queen of the night. This is one of Kat's sixteen new Everlasting Liquid Lipstick shades that are coming out this month. The formulation feels the same as the original Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks - smooth, creamy, lightweight, and not too drying on the lips. The long lasting wear has also stayed the same (about 6-8 hrs.) and light touch ups after eating and drinking are still necessary.  The only issue I had with this particular shade is that initially it was a bit patchy and it was tricky to make it opaque. It works best when you wait a few seconds between layers so that the color applies more evenly. Fortunately, even applying a good few layers it didn't feel thick or tar-like on my lips and it still had a pretty comfortable wear.  

A good dark lip really warms my heart. This is definitely one of those shades you have to whip out when you're feeling a bit edgy or are trying to channel your inner Elvira. It might not be a shade everyone wants to wear but, I think everyone will have to at least admit that it's a gorgeous color. I'm probably in the minority of the population that thinks it's more than acceptable to wear this color during the summer but that's fine I totally get it... It's definitely more a autumn/winter shade but, following the rules gets a little boring sometimes. 

No comments :

Post a Comment