Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Favorites | June Favorites


I'm a little late to the game considering it's already into the second week of July but, here is my June favorites none the less. This has been a transitional month for me because I've switched up quite a bit in my makeup life. I've gone from heavy makeup to lighter products and I've actually started really taking care of my hair. Two things that seem miniscule but regardless they are two things I never thought would be a huge thing in my life. Both things have been huge lifesavers for my hair and skin though, things have been looking so much better lately I'm pretty happy with my new choices. 

It's been so much easier to keep my skin clearer since switching over to the Boscia BB Cream because it's much more lightweight than my typical foundations and it's packed with healthy complexes that actually work with my skin to make it better. Don't get me wrong I still love my full coverage foundations but, this one is just better for everyday use.

I love the warm weather but, my psoriasis does not feel the same way so the Stress Fix Oil by Aveda has been helping to leave me and my scalp calm this month. Although the scent alone is enough to sell me, this oil has really been keeping my scalp nourished after showers ever since I got it. On days where I use this after I shower my scalp feels less itchy and irritated and my red patches don't seem to flair up as much. A little bit goes a long way with this product so I feel like I'll be able to use this for a long time to come. 

For the rest of my hair I've been relying on the Drybar 100 Proof Treatment Oil. I haven't had this product for a long time but, as soon as I started using it I was hooked. It really coats my hair and leaves it feeling hydrated without feeling greasy or weighed down. I love using it after getting out of the shower and for those pesky flyaway touch ups. This always helps me feel a bit more sleek.

It wouldn't be summer without a favorite highlighter and although I have many I have been really gravitating to the Sonia Kashuk Highlighter Stick in Persian Sunset lately. Whether I use it alone or paired along another highlight I always get the perfect amount of glow. I can't get how beautifully it catches  the light and gives such a radiant effect. I still really want the Jose Maran Illuminating Stick but, this works just as well.

I don't think anyone in my life would be shocked about this last favorite. MAC Whirl lipstick has been quite the go-to for me in June because it's such a nice neutral it goes with just about everything. It wears well, lasts, and can be dressed up or down for virtually any occasion. Easy-peasy all the way around. Definately a staple lip product. 

another month down and another to go. I'm excited to see what adventures and products July has yet to bring. 

No comments :

Post a Comment