Thursday, July 23, 2015

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD | Review


Make Up For Ever's HD Foundation has been my go to foundation since I stepped into the high end beauty world. It's been my most repurchased foundation of all time and no matter how many times I have strayed away I have always came back. With that being said ever since I heard that they were discontinuing the HD Foundation and replacing it with the Ultra HD I have been both excited and terrified. Excited because who doesn't like an upgrade but terrified because holy hell what if it sucks and I can never repurchase my beloved foundation ever again - a clearly serious emotional dilemma. Sure, if it came down to it I could find another foundation to take up my number one spot but, I'd be really butthurt about it. Fortunately, earlier this month I was able to put all my worries  to rest. 



Finally, after waiting for what seemed like an eternity Make Up For Ever launched their Ultra HD foundation. Good news for me - I love it! It's a lot different than the original HD but, I'd say it's mostly for the better. Along with the new formula Ultra HD has fifteen more shades under their belt. The new 4K formula has a medium coverage with a natural finish. This means that there is a little less coverage and the product isn't as thick allowing it to look more natural under 4x resolution cameras. The 4k technology also helps to smooth imperfections using sericite, give a smoother finish through amino acid covered pigments, and hydrate with hyaluronic spheres. 

I have combination oily skin and for me personally the foundation sits and blends flawlessly into my skin. Since there is slightly less coverage I just stipple over the areas that need a little more love and I can achieve the LITTLE extra coverage. The foundation still lasts all day and I have no issues with it slipping off or fading throughout the day. The added hydration is just enough and never makes me look more oily like some other hydrating foundations tend to do. I feel like this can go without being said BUT obviously this foundation looks amazing in photos because it gives you that naturally flawless look. 

I'm sad that the original formula went away but, with this new Ultra HD Foundation taking its place I think I am more than capable of coping with my loss. 

No comments :

Post a Comment