Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites | New Hair Saviors


As I have discussed before I have eczema/psoriasis on my head making my scalp and my already dry hair follicles even drier and more weak. Since this issue has progressed I've gotten more and more into haircare in order to calm and alleviate the problem. I also have appointments with a dermatologist but, since it takes so long to get the appointments I have found my own ways of managing and getting by. Sometimes if you want things to get better you just have to take a proactive approach and figure things out for yourself. 

I initially started looking into these products because my scalp was becoming so dry it was causing a lot of hair to break. Since I have a TON of hair I shed a lot but, it got to the point that I was actually worried that something was seriously wrong. After a discussion with my doctor dad I realized why this was happening and began looking into products to help moisturize, strengthen, and stimulate hair follicles. After some research and trying out a few samples I had received I deemed these products the best ones to add to my hair regimen along with my T-Gel shampoo (which is miserable to use because it smells like a tire.) 

Alterna Clinical Exfoliating Scalp Facial - This is hands down the best product I have found for getting rid of product build-up and getting rid of any dry patches on the scalp. I use it twice a week before I wash my hair and it makes my little noggin feel super fresh and clean virtually free of any crazy red dry patches (at least that I can see.) I feel like every hair and scalp product I use after this works a bit better. 

Alterna Caviar Repair Instant Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner - I'm a strong proponent of reparative shampoos and conditioners because of all of the abuse my hair has been put through. I've tried some good ones but this one has become my new favorite. After using a few samples I was given I had to buy the full size products because I actually noticed a huge difference in the amount of hair fall out after using this product for only two weeks. I use this every other time I wash my hair and I only shed about 1/2 to 1/3 as much as I used to before. I also love that it doesn't weigh down my hair and it keeps its natural body and volume. 

Castor Oil - Castor Oil is a Godsend. A little bit goes along way and not only has it been used as a natural means of promoting hair growth but it also helps to deeply hydrate the scalp and alleviate psoriasis. Typically massage it into the roots of my hair and scalp and then leave it on for about an hour or so but, you can also leave it on overnight if need be. I've barely even made a dent in the bottle even though I feel like I am completely smothering my head in it every time I use it.

If you have the same issues as me or even if you just want to promote healthier hair I would highly suggest you check out these products. 

No comments :

Post a Comment