Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites | At Home Gel Manicures


There are so many things that I was thinking about for this Friday Favorites post but, currently I'm doing a complete overhaul on my room so about 99% of all of my makeup in skincare is currently in boxes until I get some better storage containers in my room for everything. Needless to say I can't find a damn thing. It's a bit flustering not being able to get to much of anything that I need at the moment but, it will be worth it in the end so I guess I can deal for now. I was going to do something that was more for the season but, then I remembered something I started doing again that I absolutely love - at home gel manicures!

Giving myself gel manicures is something I have had an on and off love affair with for years. I have pretty weak nails that always tend to flake when they grow out so I love how popping on a gel polish gives them a bit of resilience. The polish looks fresh up to two weeks which is a godsend because I feel like I'm painting my nails every other day when I'm just using regular nail polishes. I've never had any issues with the gel manicures damaging my nails or anything like that which makes it a great alternative to acrylics for me. 

I have the Sephora X OPI kit which is no longer a thing but, I mix and match polishes with it all the time and I still get amazing results so I think whatever brand or style that tickles your fancy should work well with your gel polishes of choice. 

I've been incorporating my gel manicures into my pamper routine every now and then when my nails start looking a little rough. It's so nice I just sit back after a shower (or bubble bath) and watch a few nature documentaries in bed with my UV light and other nail tools without a worry in the world. After I'm done I can go straight to bed and not worry about ruining my nails like I typically do. 

No comments :

Post a Comment