Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Everyday Complexion Routine


I feel like the title of this post may be a bit misleading because sure this is my everyday complexion routine but, it's probably a bit more than most people's typical everyday makeup style. When I do my makeup I go all in for a full face because that's my preference. I do it for work and when I'm going out somewhere and usually this happens way more often than a no-makeup-makeup day. Everyone's life calls for a different type of makeup routine and this one just so happens to be mine.


With all of that being said I have quite a few steps to my routine and each of them is important to achieve my desired look. Any of these steps of course can be changed, omitted, or tweaked to fit anyone's style. Here's the full run down

I start off by using a small pea sized amount Make Up For Ever's Step 1 Smoothing Primer all over my face and I let it sit for 30 sec- 1 minute in order for it to set. Then I go in with my Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick in 125/Y315 by making a line across my forehead, down the center of the nose, and chin, and then an E shape (following the jawline) on both cheeks. I blend everything out with a damp Beauty Blender. I go over any blemishes again with the HD stick for extra coverage and then blend it out by tapping along the edges with my finger. After I have my base I contour with the L.A. Girl PRO Conceal in Toast by making a line following my hairline, carving out right under my cheekbones, and drawing down the sides and tip of my nose. I blend everything out with my Beauty Blender and then I go in and highlight with my Sephora Bright Future Concealer in Palmier. I highlight by creating two triangles under my eyes that extend down the sides of my nose and extend up under my eyes towards my temples, then I draw a line down the center of my nose extending onto the forehead where I mark the center of my forehead in semi-circle extending slightly above my brows, pop a little concealer on my cupids bow and chin, and then top it all off by cleaning up my cheek contour by using my concealer to draw a line from the bottom of my cheekbone down to the side of my mouth right below where I originally placed my contour. I spray my Beauty Blender with my Smashbox Primer Water to dampen it a bit more then blend out my highlit areas. Most people blend out their contour and highlight at the same time but I don't soooo yeah. I add a little of the Colour Pop Super Shock Cheek in Aphrodisiac with a stippling brush right above my contour to add a bit of warmth to my complexion and help my bronzer and blush to blend together more effortlessly later in my look. I then add the Chaos Makeup Glitter Free Highlighter Duo to the high points of my cheekbones. I do this right before I set with my Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder in 14 because the base of the highlighter is a cream and I never put creams over powders. I simply avoid this area when I set so that it pops. After everything is set I finish everything off by carving out my cheeks a bit more with my Make Up For Ever Sculpting Duo in 1 and my Sephora #79 Contour Brush and adding a little bit of my Milani Powder Blush In Romantic Rose to the apples of my cheeks. 

I was going to do a full everyday routine but it would have been a bit long so stay tuned for my go-to eye look routine soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment