Monday, December 7, 2015

Nars Audacious Mascara | Review


I own a ton of mascaras, probably a bit more than the average human. Mascaras aren't my favorite makeup product but, I find them to be one of the most essential. No makeup look is complete without mascara and if I'm going to put on one thing before I leave the house it's definitely going to be mascara. I could take this as far to say that if I was stuck on a desert island and I could only bring one makeup product with me it would probably be mascara. 

I naturally have pretty decent lashes, they are pretty thick and long, so when I pick one out I'm not in a desperate search for volume or length but, it doesn't mean I'm not looking for both. I can usually tell pretty quickly whether or not a mascara and I are going to get along. 


I've been sitting on the Nars Audacious Mascara since a little while now but, I didn't even have the slightest urge to use it until recently. I'm not going to lie when this mascara first came out I used it on a client and it did not turn out well. Her lashes were very long, she had a ton of them but they were somewhat thin. All of her lashes basically chunked together and it made them form basically a single solid unicorn lash that I had to brush out into normalcy. The experience totally made me wary. 

Despite my diminished expectations for this product I still started to get a bit of an itch to use it. So on a day I had off I just gave it a whirl and to my total shock and disbelief I actually loved it on myself. The mascara gave me a decent amount of length and the perfect amount of volume without clumping into a giant mess. It ended up giving me that wispy lash kind of look which I 
absolutely adore. The wand has 200 different lengthed hard plastic bristles that have a lot of spacing in between them, honestly it kind of looks like a mess and for my client it definitely was but, for me it totally worked worked more than well.

The formula was wet but still dry enough to really coat the lashes and instantly give volume. I wouldn't recommend too many coats because one or two is perfect and any more than that could look a little ridiculous and spidery. It's not a waterproof formula but, regardless of that I had no issues putting it on my bottom lashes. Nothing budged or ran at all which is fantastic to me because typically I have to use a really resilient mascara on my lower lashes so I don't look like a racoon by the end of the day. 

This mascara now has a home within my mascara rotation and I would totally recommend this to anyone with normal/thick lashes. As I found with my client, thinner lashes don't fair as well with this product but, if you still want to give this one a try I would suggest using a spoolie or a lash comb to separate the lashes between coats. I love when a story has a happy ending, I'm totally stoked on this surprise love. 

No comments :

Post a Comment