Monday, March 14, 2016

Makeup Tip Monday | My Favorite Beauty Tips|Hacks

I hope everyone is having an amazing start to the week. This week I'm keeping it pretty basic and sharing some of my favorite simple beauty hacks with all of you. Sometimes it's the small things that make the biggest difference so I figured why not. These little tricks have definitely saved me on more than one occasion so I'm paying it forward. 

I'm not even going to pretend that I have some elaborate introduction to this so I figured we might as well just jump right into this little list.

1. Use Eye Primer to Sharpen Winged Liner - Sometimes winged liner doesn't go to plan and one or in some cases both sides just look a little off. My absolute favorite trick to correct that is to put a little bit of your eye primer on a small flat concealer brush or on a clean angled liner brush to sharpen the line. I prefer this over using concealer because it doesn't leave any color that may disrupt the shadow or the rest of the liner behind. 

2. Hairspray/Dry Shampoo Your Bobby Pins for a Better Hold - I feel like this hack is no secret. Using dry shampoo or hairspray on your bobby pins makes getting them to stay in place so much easier. Any time I find that my hair is just too clean or soft to hold my pins in right I just put a few on a paper towel, spray some hairspray on them, let them dry a bit, and then pop them in for all day hair security. 

3. Use Warm Green Tea Bags to Fight Chapped Lips - I love drinking green tea but, it also has some other pretty cool uses. If you have chapped lips green tea can also add much needed moisture back into them. All you have to do is steep a green tea bag in hot water (but not burning hot - obviously) and after it is fully wet, squeeze out some of the water out, and place the bag on your mouth for a few minutes. The tea will soften and rehydrate your lips as well as give them a little extra plump. 

4. Use Navy Eyeliner to Make Eyes Appear Brighter - Using a white or a cream liner in your water line is great for creating a more awakened and larger eye but, did you know that lining the top lashline with navy liner also does the trick. Navy enhances all eye colors and never looks harsh or overly dramatic. Do Navy on top and cream in the waterline for simple doe like eyes. 

5. For Sharp Yet Natural Brows Cocktail Your Brow Mediums - I've recently really been into cocktailing my brow products. I found that I have much cleaner yet soft looking brows when I use a fine brow pencil or brow pomade to outline the bottom of my brows and then actually fill my brows in with a powder. The powder gives my brows a soft fluffy look while the pencil/pomade gives a really clean and sharp looking shape. I don't know how I didn't jump on this bandwagon sooner. 

And there you have it! My favorite tricks that have truly given me life. 

No comments :

Post a Comment