Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Collective Makeup Haul


I don't know how other people cope with crappy feelings and things like that but, I personally turn to some good old fashion online shopping. Whether you find it to be a good thing or not at least I'm doing what makes me happy and I'm not hurting anyone. I'm not hurting myself because fortunately I don't have any serious debt besides student loans (I've learned to accept it and just fight the good fight)... although it probably doesn't seem like it, I do have a decent amount of self control *YAY ME*. I just really like to treat myself when I feel like I deserve it. 

Although I enjoy generally any type of shopping I think that my true passion and vice is online shopping because I can do it whenever I want whether I'm sipping tea in bed or I'm on break at work or when I'm avoiding social interactions with people in public places such as parties or bars. The internet and e-commerce has done wonders for my life really. 

Over the past week I happened to place quite a few online orders and when I got back from my trip from Utah in the wee hours of Tuesday morning I had almost everything I ordered already waiting for me on my bed. It was kind of like Christmas so I figured I would share what I got - clearly I'm super excited about everything. 

First, I obviously had to pick up Scorpio and Gemini from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I pounce on just about every launch he does so honestly this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I haven't gotten to really play with either color very much yet but they both look super gorgeous and I can't wait to play with them.

The lipsticks were obviously only the beginning because then Luxy Lash was having their friends and family sale and I couldn't just pass that up. I picked up Homegirl and Westside. I've been waiting to pick up the Westside lashes forever but every time I went to go look at them they were sold out... until this time - because it was obviously fate and the universe thought I should have them.

Since Urban Decay is coming out with their new Vice lipsticks their old line went on sale and I couldn't help but pick up a few even though lipsticks are one of the last things that I need. To justify my purchase I do have to say that I picked up Manic and Naked2 for my kit and I'm only keeping Bad Blood for myself or at least that's what I keep telling myself. 

Then when I thought my online makeup shopping spree was over I got an email from Morphe giving me early access to the (matte) 35o palette. I REALLY DO NOT need another warm neutral eyeshadow palette but I bought it anyway so whatever. I don't always jump on hype trains but I really wanted to see what this one was all about. I mean it basically had my name written all over it and I restrained myself for so long I felt like I earned it a little bit. 

The Morphe palette was the end of my online makeup journey but then I also picked up this super gorgeous pearly nail polish from Urban Outfitters called "Oyster." It's iridescent with pink purple and blue shimmery tones depending on how the light hits. I'm obsessed with putting it on top of my Zoya "Dove" polish.

I also bought a new ban.do planner but that's not makeup so I'll just leave it as a mention for now.

Is anyone else addicted to online shopping or getting themselves gifts when they're feeling down?!

No comments :

Post a Comment