Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Kat Von D Shade and Light Eyeshadow Quad in Rust | Review

Kat Von D's Shade and Light Eyeshadow Palette is one of my absolute favorite palettes. There is no doubt that Kat knows her stuff when it comes to pigment and color payoff - you could look at any product in her current line and you could see that hands down. So it was no surprise that her new Shade and Light Eyeshadow Quads were going to be a must have for me - more specifically "Rust" because it's a simple quad of colors I basically eat, sleep, and breathe. 

Am I aware that 99% of my color choices are a variation of the same thing?!- Yes, and I also know that I need to step out of the box every once and awhile but it's hard to say no to the things you love so yeah this one is staying within my current color trend. 


All of the colors in the Kat Von D Shade and Light Rust Eyeshadow Quad are super creamy and pigmented. The formulation is the same as those in her original Shade and Light Eye Palette. I think the shadows feel like butter and blend out effortlessly with minimal fallout which is great for easy application. 

The colors are versatile for day or night so although the palette is small it works well for both everyday and going out. Also it's a great palette to ease yourself into color since the orange gives a nice pop against the other neutrals in the palette. 

Lastly, I don't think I could get through this post without mentioning how much I love the coffin style packaging. I know that packaging at the end of the day makes little to no difference about the product inside but I'm a real sucker for it anyway and honestly I think 98% of you all are too. 

Personally, I think Kat really hit it out of the park on this one.

No comments :

Post a Comment