Thursday, June 9, 2016

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Beauty Killer Palette | Review


Considering the fact that I haven't been able to do much I've been spending a lot of time online makeup shopping. At the very least if I can't drive a car or leave my house without some friendly or parental assistance I can try out some new makeup. As I'm sure you all well know I'm a big fan of Jeffree's liquid lipsticks so it felt right to give his eyeshadow palette a shot too. Unfortunately I was still in the hospital when his highlighters came out so I missed that ship but, trust and believe I'll catch it next time. 
Now initially upon looking at this palette I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with half of the colors in this palette considering the fact that I'm not typically one to use a lot of bright colors but, I've been trying to push myself out of my norms and add a bit of color to my life. There are a lot of colors I love in this palette along with one's I typically wouldn't purchase on my own accord which is something I absolutely love because it brings something new to my table. I see a lot of bright amazing things coming out of this palette in the near future. 

[Colors Used: China White, Courtney, Confession, Rich Bitch, and Vanity - Princess mixed with KVD Thunderstruck as a cheek highlight]

I knew this palette was going to be big but for some reason I was still a bit surprised when I got it in the mail. There are ten pans and I would say that they are about the same size as Make Up For Ever shadows except they're square. There's a lovely blend of finishes that allow you to create a lot of dimension in your looks - matte, metallic, frost, and glitter. All of the shadows are creamy, pigmented, and super easy to blend. "Rich Bitch" is the one shade that reminds me of a pressed glitter so if you're looking for a super glittery eyes pop a little fix spray on your brush before hand and you'll get lovely opaque glitter and you'll also avoid fallout. 


The Beauty Killer Palette is definitely a unique one with its vibrant rich colors. It's far in the other direction of my typical nude palettes but I'm really enjoying it. The shades within the palette allow me to create looks with only this palette or to pick and choose accent colors that would complement some of my other eyeshadows. Sure this palette may not be for everyone but, if you're looking to branch out with some bolder colors the Beauty Killer Palette is a great place to start. Don't worry even if you're a little skittish around color but you still want to try it out there are still ways to get a soft look with some of the more transitional shadow shades within the palette. 

No comments :

Post a Comment