Wednesday, June 8, 2016

RCMA No-Color Powder | My New Holy Grail Setting Powder

As an oily/combo skinned girl setting powders are essential to my makeup life. Without setting powder I'm pretty sure my makeup would last MAYBE three hours with any luck (if it was cooler out maybe longer but it's getting real hot and humid these days.) Since setting powders are so vital in achieving a long lasting makeup look I'm always ready and willing to try out a new one. 

I've been pretty tried and true to my Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder since I discovered it. I have dabbled around here and there with other powders but, I could never find anything that quite measured up. Or at least that was the case until I finally got around to trying the RCMA No-Color Powder. 

The RCMA No-Color Powder is nothing new by any means. It's actually got quite the cult following and now I know exactly why it's constantly out of stock. Although it looks white the powder contains absolutely no pigment or filler so it's truly universal and will in no way change the color of your foundation. The powder is so smooth and lightweight that it never looks cakey, instead it leaves you with a perfectly velvety soft focus matte finish. It's so light and non-drying that even those with dry skin can use it without worrying about dry cracked looking foundation.

I can set with this powder in the morning and although by the end of the day I do have a bit of shine, it actually looks more dewy than greasy which I truly appreciate. Also when I set with my RCMA No-Color Powder my foundations tend to lay better- even foundations that usually separate on me stay in place. 

I'm so obsessed! I think that this is going to be my go-to setting powder from now on. My only issue with it is that there's nowhere to really hold the powder when I pour it out to use it but, I just use a lid from one of my other products and just call it a day since it's a small price to pay for such a great product. A third of the price and three times the size of my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder - YES PLEASE!!

No comments :

Post a Comment