Thursday, July 28, 2016

My Glow Trifecta | YSL Touche Eclat Foundation, Jeffree Star Ice Cold Skin Frost, and Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Pearl


The Summer is all about fresh glowing skin. Everyone, including myself, wants to look like they are fresh and glowing from within but sometimes finding the right amount of glow can be challenging. I'm constantly walking the fine line between goddess of glow and a wet oily looking mess. Occasional mirror checks are totally a thing for me for two reasons - 1.) because it's hot and I'm 
definitely getting a natural glow and 2.) I tend to go a little heavy handed when it comes to highlighting.

I've made collecting highlighters a bit of a hobby and I have tons of them that I truly adore. I mix and match shades and mediums to get that perfect glow and I TRY to practice purposeful placement when it comes to popping highlight on the cheeks. 

I have three products that I'm almost always grabbing for when I'm looking for an ethereal glow - YSL Touche Eclat Foundation, Jeffree Star Ice Cold Skin Frost, and Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Pearl. Sometimes I use them all together or with a combination of other products to add a bit more dimension. 

Even Though I'm oily sometimes I like a good radiant and dewy foundation to give me that bright awakened look. I love the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation because it has the 24k gold filaments in it that really nice bright youthfulness to the complexion. Since I'm oily (and a bit excessive) I usually pair the foundation with a matte bb cream underneath. I find that it helps to balance out the complexion by not allowing me to look too dewy. By nature the Touche Eclat Foundation is a bit too hydrating for my skin-type on it's own and I find the matte bb cream in conjunction with a good matte primer underneath is the best way to work it out. 

I make it pretty well known that my favorite highlighters are white based because I'm so fair most highlighters don't really show up well on my complexion. The lighter and more pigmented the better in my book which is why I'm so in love with Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost in Ice Cold. This highlighter shines like an ethereal beacon of light and has no problem showing up on my pale complexion. The white and gold reflex are so complimentary I can't get enough. Usually I like to mix up my highlighters but, lately I can't stop grabbing for Ice Cold. It's perfect and the product is so big I feel like I never have to worry about purchasing another one. 

Sometimes I like to give a little glow to my matte/dry feeling foundations or boost my powder highlights with a little bit more of a pop. I do this by adding a little bit of the Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid in Pearl in with my foundation or right on top of my cheekbones to act as a base for my powder highlights. I would say 60% of the time I use this cream base for my highlights because it allows them to show up much better than on their own. Mixing the illuminator with a matte foundation gives the base more of a natural luminous finish and makes the foundation feel a little more creamy. I like doing this on days where my skin looks dull but I'm not looking for something as dewy as the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. 

My three perfect products for cocktailing the perfect summer glow whether I use them together, alone, or with some of my other favorite makeup products. 

No comments :

Post a Comment