Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Getting Perfectly Pouty with Kaplan MD

Is it strange that I really like lip plumpers even though I already have full lips? -Because I really do. I'm not really one for lip fillers on myself because once I used a friend's lip plumping device and holy hell did I look crazy with super full lips. I still like a little extra poutiness though so I'm always on the hunt for a good lip plumper to just kick up the fullness a bit. I've tried a lot of different ones in the past and I've found my favorite ones are treatments made to give instant fullness and promote fuller lips over time. Not only does it appeal to my love of skincare but I'm also not really a fan of lip plumping glosses. I find the glosses limit me to only wearing that product for the day whereas when I'm using a treatment I can apply whatever lip product I want either over it or after it.

Recently I've been trying out the Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Lip Mask and Lip Balm Duo and I've really been loving it so far. Not only does the lip mask plump but it also smoothes, exfoliates, and refines the lips in just three minutes. Then the lip balm gives an extra punch of plumping while it nourishes and protects the lips because just like in typical facial skincare after you exfoliate you need to hydrate (incase you didn't know now you know.) 



The lip mask is full of papaya enzymes, two types of hyaluronic acid, and adipofill'in to give you perfectly pouty soft lips. When you apply the lip mask your lips it does cause a tingling/numbing sensation but it doesn't produce the same strong burn or irritation as many other lip plumpers so, if they tend to be a little harsh for you I think this would be a great more mild feeling alternative. The tingling feeling only lingers for a short time but it leaves behind perfect amount of fullness. 

The lip balm also has amazing plumping qualities that help to keep your lips full overtime. Marine collagen peptides, hyaluronic filling spheres, and 22 organic extracts easily and efficiently soften and redefine lip contours. The balm is super hydrating but has a nice thin consistency that makes it easy to layer any lip product you'd like overtop. It's the perfect lip prep even for times when I'm not using the lip mask beforehand. I especially like layering this under liquid lipsticks because they keep my lips comfortable so much longer even when I'm wearing more drying formulas. 

Since the lip mask exfoliates I only use this plumping treatment three times a week although because it's an enzymatic exfoliator you could use this everyday if you'd like.  

No comments :

Post a Comment