Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Too Faced Lip Injection Plumping Gloss


Hello, Loves! So for whatever reason I have been super curious about lip plumpers lately. I'm really not too sure why considering the fact that my lips are naturally pretty large, if I do say so myself. I think that the thought of being able to see how big I could actually get them without botox seemed like an interesting endeavour. Maybe I'm just humoring myself but, hey we all have our little things we allow ourselves to indulge in. 

I did a little bit of research and I decided that I would try Too Faced's Lip Injection Power Plumping Gloss. I chose this one because it seemed to be one of the more popular lip plumpers on the market and in my mind I could justify spending $22 on something I didn't need but, I couldn't allow myself to spend the $28 for the Lip Injection Extreme. 

The gloss is pink in the tube but it applies clear. Like most if not all lip plumpers there is a stinging/ tingling sensation for about 5 to 10 minutes after application. I personally don't find it to be too uncomfortable unless I get the gloss on another part of my skin because it causes that area to get pretty itchy and irritated. This product makes my pout a little more pink and full. I don't think there is any intense change in my lips appearance. The results when using this product are nice and pretty long lasting. Normally as long as I'm not really eating or drinking I could apply this twice throughout the day with lasting results. When I use this product I exfoliate my lips first in order to stimulate the blood-flow in my lips and optimize the results. Also, if I'm really trying to up my plump lip game I'll line my lips with a nude pink lip liner before applying the gloss for a little extra drama.  

There are a few downfalls to this product. The lip gloss is a bit sticky and although you can use other lipsticks and glosses with it I wouldn't really recommend it because it can get a little messy. Also, don't kiss anyone or get too intimate with someone while wearing this product. I haven't personally tested out what would happen but, I assume it would obviously be something like getting it on skin outside of your lip area (think about the severe pain you could inflict on someone if you got this somewhere it shouldn't be.)


Overall, I do enjoy this product. The results are decent and I think it's a great product to use on days where I want a bright fresh look because it really wakes up the face. I'm not sure if it's something I would repurchase because it isn't something I really need and I'd like to play around with a few other brands.

Until next time!

-Lexi


No comments :

Post a Comment