Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Essentials: School Touch-up Beauty Bag


I'm not sure if this is some strange phenomenon that just happens to me but, for whatever reason when I was in school I would get 1000x more greasy and disheveled looking than any other time in my life. It was like something about being there brought me down physically just as much as it did emotionally. There was no possible way that I could go throughout my day without having to touch myself up in some way or another. I never liked the idea of toting my whole purse full of makeup goodies and strange miscellaneous treasures around with me because the thought of carrying a massive backpack and over-inflated purse all over campus just filled me with awkward bumbling discomfort. So I decided to shave it down to carrying only the most basic of essentials with me. This way I could slap everything I need into a little bag and just carry it in my backpack because consolidation is basically how I survived school without getting any serious back or spinal injuries. 


I generally recommend carrying some freshening up essentials at all times because if you think about it, you never know when you're going to need to tidy yourself up a bit; maybe you're going to run into some chick you hate and you need to look better than her, maybe your crush is going to be in a 500 ft radius of you, maybe you just don't want to look like the melting wax monster from a Scooby-doo episode, the scenarios are endless. Think about it and just let it sink in.


 Personally, here are my essential recommendations for what you need on hand to rescue yourself throughout the school day: 

- A small makeup bag (I use my favorite one from Ipsy) or a pencil pouch; whatever tickles your fancy really

Beauty:
- Blotting Sheets
- Translucent Powder
- Eyeliner
- Mascara
- Rollerball Perfume
- Concealer
- Lip Balm/ Lipstick
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Ties

Non-Beauty:
- Cash (for snacks duh)
- Student ID
- Lady Bits (tampons etc.)

I like to pack light but powerful because you don't need to use a whole bunch of stuff to make you look more fresh. All you need is a few things to smooth out your edges. I prefer to go for multi-use products like powders with built in mirrors and little puffs and tinted lip balms, it saves space and you can hit two birds with one stone. Setting your makeup in the morning should help cut down on touch-ups throughout the day but, when you finally need to you'll have what you need. 

It also never hurts to carry around some non-beauty items just in case, especially feminine products because God knows at some point you or someone you know will need one. It's inevitable so its better to be safe than sorry. 

No comments :

Post a Comment