Wednesday, February 8, 2017

BANISH Skincare | My First Microneedling Experience & Kit Review


Taking care of my skin is one of my favorite things to do next to makeup. As I've said before healthy skin is the basis of good makeup. When skin is irritated makeup can feel like it isn't shining to its full potential and I've felt that on more than one occasion. In the past there have been times where my skin has made me feel self-conscious and embarrassed. I've gone through lots of trial and error and have worked quite hard to get my skin looking as clear as possible. I'm pretty proud of how far I've come from way back in the day when I would only use makeup wipes to clean my face - gross, I know. 
Now that I've ditched the makeup wipe only face cleansing and started on the journey of double cleansing, masking, and skin treatments my skin is clearer than ever. My only issues now besides the occasional spot or two are my pores and some red acne scarring on my cheeks. Fortunately, I've found a system to combat that too and I couldn't be happier with the results so far. 


Banish Skincare couples together organic, vegan, and cruelty free skincare products with microneedling in order to create brighter, tighter, and smoother skin. The Banish Starter Kit comes with everything you need for microneedling and keeping your skin in order between treatments. The kit has 7 pieces - some products are used daily while others are used on a weekly or biweekly regimen. 

These products have easily fit into my routine and work really well with the other skincare products I've already been using. 

Every night I use the Pore Smasher, a titanium roller that is meant to be chilled (20 min. in freezer) in order to reduce redness and minimize the look of pores. I roll this over my face for 3 minutes after I wash my face to calm and relax my skin. When I'm finished I use the Vitamin C Beauty Elixir as a toner to brighten and even my skintone. Then I use the Vitamin C Serum to brighten, lighten, and tighten my skin. A little goes a long way with the serum and it easily goes under my nightly moisturizer without leaving my skin feeling heavy or sticky with product. The serum is too much for me to put under makeup during the day but I love using the elixir in the morning when I feel like I need a revitalizing pick me up.


Once every week I use the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask and the Activated Charcoal Mask. Typically, I'll use the Activated Charcoal Mask first to detoxify the skin and dry up any spots that may have arisen. To activate the mask I mix the charcoal powder with some of the elixir for added toning benefits. I love how thin the mask is and how quickly it dries because it makes it a bit less tight and uncomfortable than most other clay masks on the market. Then the next day I'll use the Pumpkin Enzyme Mask to exfoliate, balance the skin, as well as reverse and protect against skin damage. By the time I'm finished with these masks my skin is feeling like a fresh little cherub butt. 

I do the last and most important part of my Banish regimen once every two weeks. I'll either use the Banisher or the Banisher Pen on any part of my face that has acne scarring, texture, or large pores. Both products work about the same but, are a little bit different in execution. The Banisher is a titanium metal roller that makes micro fine holes in the skin when rolled over the face in several directions in the same area. The holes cause the skin to create more collagen and elastin while the skin repairs the top layer of the skin. As a bonus the tiny holes are great for allowing the serum to sink deeper into the skin, allowing it to work even more effectively. The Banisher Pen creates the exact same effect except instead of rolling, you lightly push the pen into the skin. The pen makes it easier to avoid larger areas of active breakouts and pinpoint areas of texture concern. Since I typically don't have a lot of active breakouts the roller is my typical go-to.


The microneedling isn't painful at all so don't worry. If anything you feel little prickles and if that's too much you can use the cold Pore Smasher to numb your face a bit first. I'd say the most irritating part is that afterwards your face itches a bit as your skin begins to heal itself. Fortunately, the itchy feeling doesn't last too long and by morning the only thing left behind in the morning is healthier brighter skin. 

I've been doing this routine for about a month and a half now and I'm pretty elated with my results so far. Before I felt like you could always see the pores on my cheeks through my makeup but now they look so much smaller my makeup looks even and smooth. The redness on my cheeks from old acne marks have also faded and are barely noticeable even when I'm not wearing makeup.

 I think it's so amazing that I've been able to have such awesome results from organic products and at home microneedling. If you've been considering it I totally recommend giving it a try because it's such a treat. 

No comments :

Post a Comment