Sunday, August 31, 2014

Haircare 101 | Thick Dry Hair

So I have some seriously thick long hair. Fortunately, this means that it can endure quite the beating (repetitive box dying, over processing, heat) without leaving me bald. Yet, recently I've had a change of heart and decided that it would be in my best interest to leave my harmful hair ways behind and start actually taking care of my poor hair and scalp. No more ratty ends or dull lifeless hair for me. 


I never really did much in terms of hair care in the past because I always felt like it was a time consuming task that I had no time to be a part of but, I was wrong. It actually is quite simple and I can do it with three products that are so basic that after I say them you'll want to bludgeon me for wasting your time by putting this out there for you to read like its some new found voodoo hair magic. Seriously though shampoo, conditioner, and hair serum saved my life. More specifically the Malibu scalp wellness shampoo, Euforia deep repair treatment and Inoar serum saved my life. Now, its not as basic as it sounds but, it does go to show you how finding easy products that work for you can go a long way. 

Besides cutting out box dyes and now actually getting haircuts every now and again I've managed to find a cocktail of products that  actually make my hair and scalp look and feel amazing. No longer do I have to constantly pull my hair into messy buns to hide unmanageable nap and friz. I've used a lot of different shampoos, conditioners, and innumerable other miscellaneous hair care products in my day and I can truly say few of those can even hold a candle to what I have going on for myself right now. 

The Malibu scalp wellness shampoo really helps my dry scalp so I would recommend this to anyone who deals with this issue. I've had serious issues with chronic dry skin for years and this is the first shampoo that I've used that really helped and eliminated all flakiness from my scalp without pulling out the dyes in my hair. It has an amazing minty scent and gives you a nice cooling tingling sensation when you use it which is an amazing little added bonus. Strangely enough the Euforia deep repair treatment isn't really a standard conditioner. It's actually a deep conditioning hair mask but, if you leave it in your hair while you shave/ wash the rest of yourself you can achieve the same results and skip out on putting it in damp hair, plastic wrapping your head for 10 minutes and jumping back in the shower to wash it out. This is an amazing product for adding moisture to your hair. I feel like my hair really drinks it up, leaving it soft and making my ends less damaged looking. To top it off I put nickel sized amount the Inoar serum throughout my towel dried hair, paying particular attention to my scalp and my ends. This just helps with some added hydration and rejuvenation by helping to soothe hair follicles. It also makes my hair even softer and gives it a gorgeous healthy shine.

Afterwards I always let my hair air dry unless I'm going somewhere important. Unlike some other products I've used in the past these products don't leave my hair drying funny or frizzy. Other than that if I want to go out I'll just let it be or I'll just pull it into a loose braid. I try to only use heat tools on 2nd or 3rd day hair in combination with a heat protectant spray. These products have helped me have healthy hair in the simplest way which is great for me since hair is the one thing I always try to cut corners on. 

No comments :

Post a Comment