Saturday, March 7, 2015

ColourPop Eyeshadow | Review


So I finally got around to placing an order with ColourPop. Like I am with most things in life I know I'm a little late to the party with swooning over these eyeshadows and their products in general. Overall ColourPop is not only affordable but it is also unique and created with amazing quality. The brand's color range is fantastic and I feel like there is something on the site that could suit anyone. Their shadows (as well as their blushes - we will get to that in another post) are this amazingly soft wet consistency that somehow turns into a powder - if that makes any sense. They are so buttery and creamy that they work like a dream with intense pigmentation. When using these shadows you get the best color pay off when using your fingers which is fine and great when you just want to pack some pigment onto the lid for a quick look. The finger technique isn't the best for more blended and detailed looks but don't worry because they work just as well with brushes which actually surprised me a little since the texture is a bit different from anything I have ever really worked with in the past. The one thing that you have to be careful with when using these shadows is that you put the lids on tightly when you're finished with them so they don't dry out and try to make sure you don't accidently shove your finger\brush all the way through the product. Since these shadows are so soft I can envision a serious disaster occurring from pressing a little too hard and just destroying the whole pan. 


In my typical warm toned glory my first purchases from the site clearly had to be strictly warm reds and golden browns. I feel like anything else just wouldn't be me although, I probably should break out of the box for my own good every once and awhile. I'm sure more color wouldn't kill me. *I solemnly swear I'll add more cool toned colors to my collection.* Anyway, the shadows I picked up were Hustle, LaLa, To-A-T, and Drift. These colors in my eyes really flow together and are a great mix of metallics, satins, and mattes that make a really gorgeous balanced eye look. 


Hustle - A satin matte burgundy violet perfect for a vampy smokey eye or to deepen a crease. 


La La - A stunning metallic rose gold that adds an impactful pop of golden goodness to any eye look. 


To-A-T - A warm mid-toned matte brown that makes the perfect crease or transition color. My favorite shade of brown shadow because of it's ability to blend well with so many different colors. To-A-T is so easy to dress up or down it needs to be in everyone's arsenal of colors. 


Drift - The perfect pearly cranberry. End of story. I love a good cranberry shadow...I'm pretty sure it's my power shadow color.  

[Left to Right: Hustle, La La, To-A-T, Drift]

[To-A-T in the crease with Drift to deepen, Hustle on the outer crease, and La La all over the lid] 

Overall, I think that ColourPop is an awesome line and I can't wait to get more products from them. I can't say there is much more that I love than great quality makeup at an amazing price point. I also have to point out that their cute little handwritten notes inside the box made it 200% cuter... I don't really care if they write the same thing to every person that makes an order; it's totally sweet and personable that they even take the time to do anything like that at all. 

No comments :

Post a Comment