Sunday, July 2, 2017

Agave Hair Oil Treatment & Brush | Review


I'm honestly so proud about how far I've come in taking care of my hair. Personally, having healthy hair despite the fact that it's cherry red is quite the accomplishment for me considering about two years ago I virtually fried it all off by over processing and toning it straight to hell. I realized I could have fun with my hair and maintain it's health if I did it the right way and invested some time and effort into actually taking care of my mane. 

Just like in my skincare routine I love oils. My scalp and hair are quite dry and my hair is also very coarse so the more hydration the better... for all my people out there with scalp psoriasis AND desert dry hair know the struggle for healthy shiny hair is SERIOUS. Although I'm sure if you even struggle slightly from one issue of the other you know the deal. 

For the past two weeks I've been using the Agave Hair Oil Treatment right after washing my hair and as a style finisher. On wet hair, after showering, I'll take a full pump and starting at the ends I'll work the oil over my entire head. Using it while my hair is wet has made hair drying so much more manageable because it stops the frizz before it even happens. The oil also leaves my hair feeling silky soft and looking shiny without making my hair feel heavy or weighed down. 

As a style finisher on dry hair I use a half a pump of the Agave Hair Oil and work it through my mid lengths and ends. I use any oil left on my hands to smooth over any flyaways I have near the crown of my head. It's the perfect way to finish my typical undone (yet still sleek) hairstyle. 

I've also been using the Agave infused paddle brush which is a pretty new development for me since I never brush my hair. Typically, I find that brushing my hair only makes it look more frizzy and damaged looking. Letting my hair be a bit knotted and straightening a few weird out of place pieces was always my go to option but, I figured I'd still give the brush a shot and I have to say I was pretty surprised. Using this brush actually detangled my hair with ease and left my hair looking shiny and less frizzy. It was impressive to the point where I actually started brushing my hair on a pretty normal basis. 

No comments :

Post a Comment