Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Favorites | Unsung Staples


I've realized that there are some products that I couldn't live without but they don't get enough recognition. I don't even give these products a second thought sometimes but, I just grab for these products like clockwork. Sometimes it's the most simple products that make the biggest difference. These products might not be anything super special at first glance to most but, they would be my first easy fix recommendations. 


When it comes to cleansing I've always found the double cleanse to be important. If you don't know what that is by now it just means that you cleanse your face of your makeup and then you cleanse your face again to make sure that you get a deep pure clean. Doing this ensures that there is no makeup or dirt left on the skin. My favorite product for the first part of this cleanse is the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cleansing Oil. This cleansing oil effortlessly breaks up even the most stubborn eye makeup without leaving a greasy residue behind. It's so quick and effortless I really don't know how I went without this product for so long. 

I'm a bit of a lazy bum when it comes to my hair. It tends to be a bit of a hassle since there is so much of it. I barely even attempt to fuss with my hair - instead I kind of let to do it's thing and just hope for the best. Since I've started using the Alterna Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10 in 1 Complete Correction life has been a bit easier. This cream protects, strengthens, and moisturizes my hair allowing it to look more healthy and naturally lay better. Yet, when I'm feeling extra lazy and having my hair down just won't do, I go to my Goody Spin Pins. These little pins are ideal for putting my hair up in a messy bun without leaving hair tie crinkles or anything like that. When you use these for a loose messy bun they are also great for giving some wave and body to the hair. After I take my hair down from the pins I can add a little texture spray, run my fingers through my hair, and go on my merry way. These two products are the lazy girls' holy grail items to dealing with hair. 

My nails are pretty brittle. I used to be a very anxious nail biter and I still fidget with them when I get upset or nervous. Fortunately, for whatever reason I don't tend to mess with them as much when they are painted so in order to keep them strong against my nervous habits I always prime my nails with the Nutra'Nail Nail Thickener. This helps my nails from flaking and chipping as well as helps my nail polish go on smoother and stay put a little longer. Priming my nails with this thickener is one thing that I will not skip out on because every time I do I end up having to repaint my nails the very next day. 

These last two products are detrimental to my makeup routine. When doing any eye look after I prime my eyes I put Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Foxy all over the lid up to the brow bone to create a soft base that the other shadows will easily blend over without getting blotchy. As a rule of thumb it is always a good idea to put a light neutral matte eyeshadow down after your primer so that your eyeshadows can go on more evenly. This is especially the case when working with shimmers. When it comes to my base makeup I always have to blend out my concealer (and sometimes my contour) with my Sephora Pro airbrush concealer brush #57. This brush effortlessly blends out my creams and gives a soft focus finish without streaks or brush marks. I love this brush so much that it is one brush I would really recommend this brush to everyone and anyone. 

Here's to you unsung heros, without you my life just wouldn't be as easy and I would just feel a little less put together. 

No comments :

Post a Comment