Monday, April 27, 2015

Sephora Colorful Shadow and Liner Crayons | [NEW colors] Secret Boudoir, Fresh Limeade, Cafe Au Lait


Sephora recently launched nine new matte cream eyeshadow crayons as part of their Colorful Shadow and Liner Crayon line. I can't say I have ever indulged in this line before because honestly none of the colors really caught my eye since most of them are shimmery - not my vibe. Yet, for whatever reason I really loved the new colors they came out with and decided to pick three of them up, two neutrals and a vibrant lime green just to throw in a pop of color. Tis the season for slight pops of color so why not. The two neutrals that I got were Secret Boudoir, a light matte beige, and Cafe Au Lait which is a standard light neutral brown shade. My color pop of choice was Fresh Limeade, a festive lime green which for whatever reason I feel like will be a lovely spring and summer crowd pleaser. I rarely were color but, I feel like I deserve a round of applause for the valiant attempt to step outside the box. 




These Sephora Colorful Shadow and Liner Crayons are super creamy and pigmented. They glide on smoothly and blend out effortlessly for long lasting, well blended eye looks. They are super opaque and never go on streaky or patchy making them great to be worn alone or under other shadows as a base. They are super quick and easy to use so they are also perfect for quickly throwing onto the lid, doing a little blending action, and running out the door; would recommend for the neutrals, not so much for the bold colors as a rule of thumb. 

I'm super excited about the other new colors that came out but, I'm holding off on getting any more until I can commit myself to wearing color a bit more often. I know myself too well to trust that I am going to wear many bright colors more than once or twice unless I really like them. Having restraint in picking up things I don't necessarily need are key in times like these. I do trust that I am going to get a pretty good amount of use out of the colors I did pick up though. I think my favorite one is Secret Boudoir so far further proving that I'm still on my neutrals grind. I just can't help it since it is just so easy to use. I like using it on the brow bone to give just a little highlight.

No comments :

Post a Comment