Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Favorites | Favorite Face Brushes


So I've actually sat around thinking about this post a little longer than I would like to admit. Friday Favorites posts are always the hardest for me because truth be told I don't love many things. Sure I might like a good amount of things but the jump from like to love in my book is a hard one to make. It probably also doesn't help that sometimes I just don't think about those everyday routine bits that have been so tried and true that they almost forgettable favorites... If that makes any sense to anyone besides me. 


With that rambled mess being said I realized that I haven't talked about my brushes/tools in quite some time and I felt like they deserved a little mention. Today I'm just going to focus on my favorite ones for my complexion since those tools are really some of my favorite ones overall. These are the tools I use everyday and actually with the exception of some rare occasions these are the only ones I use to do my entire complexion routine. 

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - I really love full coverage and this is my favorite brush to use to achieve a porcelain complexion. It easily buffs out any foundation I use with it without leaving any strange streaks or patches. I used to use my Pro Beauty Blender for my foundation but I just found that switching back to a brush gave me just the bit more coverage that I prefer. 

Sephora PRO Contour Brush #79 - This has been my favorite brush for my powder contour ever since it came out because it gives me the perfect amount of precision to get a clean line without it looking too severe. Since it's also not super dense it's also great for dipping into a little translucent powder and buffing out any mistakes that may have happened along the way. 

Pro Beauty Blender - The pro version of the Beauty Blender is my absolute favorite one from the line. I find that it's a little bit softer and gives the best air brushed finish. Although I typically don't use it for my foundation I always use it for blending out my corrector and concealer. I also always use it to apply my setting powder because it gives it a softer look.

Sephora PRO Mini Airbrush #55.5 - This cute little baby brush is a bit newer to my collection but, it has quickly become my favorite brush to apply blushes and bronzers. I think it has such a nice soft looking application that it always gives just the right amount of color. Everything I put on with this brush always looks super natural and flawlessly blended. 

Make Up For Ever #144 - A good highlight is super important to my life so there is no surprise that this brush is one of my prized possessions. This brush is kind of hard to explain because it's dense enough to really pack on color but it's also soft enough to really warm the product into my skin allowing it to look seamless. I've tried a few different brushes for my highlight but this one has been my favorite for that perfectly popped and precise highlight. 

E.L.F Small Stipple Brush - I purchased this brush a few months ago on a whim not really thinking much about it but honestly it was the best quality $3 brush I've ever gotten my hands on. I use this brush to buff out my cream contour and it works like a dream because it's small it really allows me to keep the color where I want it and defuse it out without any harsh lines. 

I'm always on the hunt for good brushes but, currently these are the complexion tools I've really been loving lately. 

No comments :

Post a Comment