Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #62 New Year New Goals


Just like the rest of the world I'm more than happy 2016 is over. I  so excited to start anew with a list of new goals, plans, and adventures. It's been awhile since I've sat down to write a post like this for several reasons and excuses that I won't dare to bore anyone with right now. I'm ready to leave all of that behind and just focus on everything that is ahead of me. I'm not really sure what this year will bring but I'm confident that it's going to be the best year yet or at the very least it's going to be better than this year. 
Like most people I make a list of goals for things that I want to accomplish during the upcoming year. Some things work out while others crash and burn before they have even left the ground. I never tell myself I'm NOT going to do something anymore and instead I focus on the things I am going to do. Part of me does this because I prefer to speak of my goals in the positive and the other part of me does this because if I tell myself I can't do something anymore it just makes me want to do it more. It's crazy how that works but I've found that this is the best method for me to keep my goals and not self-sabotage myself.


I've made a pretty little list of goals and pinned it onto my mood board so that I can see it everyday while I get ready. I'm a bit cliche like that what can I say. I've made very detailed and specific goals for myself but they all fall under three underlying theme goals that I'm using to set the pace for 2017. 

1. Be More Social: I'm not the most social person by any means. I'm more of what one would call a hermit. If I'm not at work there is a 99.8% chance I'm home alone in my room with no desire to leave or see another human being. I've realized that maybe that isn't the most healthy thing and that I should really start getting out more and meet/spend time with people that enjoy the same passions that I do. I feel like it would be uplifting and motivating to be around other creatives and just all around cool and positive people. With that being said if you're awesome and looking for a super cool friend hit me up. 

2. Don't Be So Self-Critical: I think I'm only one of millions of people that are just way too hard on themselves for silly things or shortcomings. It needs to end because when it comes down to it I think it's not only creatively stifling but it's really held me back from going out and doing some really awesome things that in hindsight I would have really enjoyed. I really want to stop telling myself I'm not good enough or that I can't do something and just go for whatever my little heart desires. 

3. Challenge Myself More: No more staying in my bubble. They say you never get better at anything if you just stay in your routine and just do what you're good at all the time. So this year I'm pushing myself to do things that make me uncomfortable and things that I'm not good at in order to better myself. I think that I'm most excited to do this creatively because I'm hoping that I'll find a new neish that I never would have tried otherwise.

Goals aren't achieved in a day and I don't expect them to be easy but I'm excited for the journey and to be able to look back and see how far I've come beginning to end. Here's to a year of positivity and self growth. I wish you all the best this year and let's all hope it goes way better than 2016 did. 

No comments :

Post a Comment