Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #63 The Murder Mystery Co.


This year has already been off to a pretty good start so far. I've kept up with my new year's resolutions for a whole 17 days so far and overall life really seems to be on the up and up. I'm still trying to push myself a bit and get more done but so far so good. The other day was another step in the right direction. I've been keeping up with my goal to get out more and be more social by going to The Murder Mystery Company's interactive "Midnight Masquerade" dinner theater with my best friend, Megan. I'm not even going to act like this is something I would normally attend because I barely do anything in public let alone something that forces me to interact with strangers but, it pushed me out of my element in the silliest way and we ended up having a great time. 

The Murder Mystery Company is an improv group that does interactive dinner shows that force the audience get out of their seats and find clues to figure out a murder. It reminds me of a real life game of clue where you have to find the one suspect that has the motive and the opportunity to be the murderer. 


The show consists of a three course meal and investigative discovery with a table of complete strangers. Granted I'm sure that if you had enough friends you could fill a full table but I didn't, so Megan and I met a whole new group of people. Trying to solve a puzzle with people you've never met before is quite the funny task by the way let me tell you. I thought I would be really good at solving crimes because I just binge watched Death Note for three days straight and I was channeling my inner L but it turns out I was not very good. In hindsight maybe I should have thought about more tactful questions and maybe it would have been a little easier with sober teammates but ya know you win some, you lose some. 

On another plus side the food was amazing. The event was held at a Greek restaurant in Baltimore called Ikaros and the show came with a three course meal. We had salad, kabobs, and half of the entire table's deserts. I also got myself a glass of wine and half of Megan's just to make the night a little more relaxed. 

The show itself was sexually pun-y and hilarious. The entire affair was extra and over the top but I think that's what made it entertaining. Everyone had a loud and uniquely dramatic personality that I think made the whole game a little more tricky because it almost distracted you from the really important details that would have led you to the right murderer. Everyone seemed to have a motive and almost everyone seemed like they could have had the opportunity to kill as well. The "actors" they had come in from the audience made the whole thing even more funny. Some were better than others for sure but that's what made it funny. I totally enjoy and respect their courage to get up and try their hand at something I'm sure they've never done before. 

The whole thing was lighthearted and fun, a truly unique experience that I'm happy to have come across. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who's looking for something and different to do whether you go alone or with friends you'll definitely have an interesting and funny night on the town. 

No comments :

Post a Comment