Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #64 Bye Bye Beautiful


Makeup products come and go - it's an inevitable fact. Although makeup lines have core product lines they also have seasonal collections and limited edition items that disappear pretty quickly if you don't scoop them up while you can. I never get too upset about losing out on limited edition/ seasonal makeup pieces because I know how that whole show runs and if I didn't pick it up while it was available then that's just my loss. Core products in makeup lines change sometimes too. Products become outdated and formulas are changed over time. Deep down I know most makeup products won't be around forever although there are quite a few brands with products that have really stood the test of time. Never the less I feel like I was blindsided when Sephora Collection discontinued my favorite contour color. 

I feel like it wasn't even more than a year or so ago when Sephora Collection came out with thier new line of "colorful' blushes. Amongst the line they had the most perfect cool toned grey contour shade, Tranquil - perfect for fair to light-medium complexions. A contour that could truely do no wrong in my eyes. Honestly, it was probably my favorite product out of the entire sephora line. It was not only the perfect color but an overall beautifully simple product. 

Tragically, Sephora discontinued the shade in lue of creating a contour kit very similar in color to the shades in the Anastasia Berverly Hills light-medium Contour Palette. This means no super cool toned contour *cries hysterically.* I could rant for hours about how destraught I am that they pulled the proverbial rug out from underneith me but I won't - instead I'll tell you about how I tracked down every last one in existance so I could have a stash to hold me over for what is hopefully my entire life. 

I know there are similar products out there but nothing else will ever truly compare. Kevin Aucoin's meduim sculpting powder comes pretty close but at twice the cost I'm still pretty in my feelings about the whole ordeal. If anyone needs me I'll be sulking in the corner until another contour as perfect as the Sephora Collection Tranquil is created. 

If anyone knows any really lovely cool toned contour shades please feel free to let me know.

No comments :

Post a Comment