Sunday, December 8, 2013

MAC Hautecore Lipstick Review


Hey, Loves! So for Black Friday MAC came out with a limited edition matte black lipstick. The lipstick was only available for Black Friday but, I believe it is also going to be a part of the Punk Couture collection that comes out on December 26th. It seems to feel more creamy than MAC's other matte finish lipsticks so the application was very smooth and doesn't feel drying on the lips. It has a mostly opaque finish to it. I have heard many people have an issue with it being too sheer and not applying evenly I didn't run into this issue (I'm lucky I guess.) Although it is sheer on the first swipe but it is easily buildable. This product isn't the easiest to maneuver though so it does require some finesse and probably a black liner. 

Black lipstick is an obviously bold statement but because of its matte finish it obviously pop in the same way that Lime Crime's Styletto does which is very opaque and has a creamy shine to it. Its almost but, not quite charcoal black because of how muted it is... its kind of reminds me of when you accidentally get the "almost black" hair dye and your hair looks kinda black but kinda just faded. BUT I like this lipstick way more than when that hair tragedy happens. 



I know this product is a miss for a lot of people because the expectations were that it would be more bold and opaque but I really like this lipstick. It's long wearing and because of it's muted and flat black qualities I find it easier to wear on a regular basis. 



If you've had a different experience with this lipstick let me know! Until next time.

- Lexi

No comments :

Post a Comment