Thursday, November 13, 2014

Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows I-824, M-816, D-862 | Review

[From left to right D-862, M-816, and I-824]

Make Up For Ever is one of my absolute favorite brands on a multitude of levels. They have such great quality products with such a wide range of colors that there is something to suit absolutely everyone from the conservative to the bold risk taker. In the not so distant past MUFE redid all of their Artist Shadows so I decided to pick up a few. These shadows are individually packaged in their pans with a temporary plastic casing so that they can be easily placed into an empty MUFE palette or your own customizable palette (z-palette, etc.) This is great because it makes it easy to customize your makeup to your needs. Each shadow is $21 a piece and it is $1 to add the plastic palette but, if you purchase a duo you get $9 off and if you purchase a trio you get $20 off. I think its quite worth it to stock up in trios because you're basically getting a shadow for free!


These shadows have a gel-powder formula that comes in five finishes: diamond, matte, iridescent, metallic, and satan. They are all smooth, creamy, saturated, and have long lasting color that can take your daytime look well into the night. I never have any issues with serious fall out or creasing. They are so easy to blend and work with that it's hard not to fall in love and pick up every single one. Containing myself, I only picked up three I-824, M-816, and D-862. As you can obviously tell I was feeling unashamedly pink that day but, I absolutely love pink shadows because I love the way that they complement my brown eyes and how well they work with neutral colors. 


[From left to right D-862, M-816, and I-824]

D-862: Ocher Pink - A gorgeous warm dusty rose color with a Diamond finish. I find this color to be breathtakingly sultry. It gives the perfect amount of warmth to take any look to the next level without going over the top. This color would look amazing on darker skin tones. 

M-816: Rosewood  - A golden peach with a Matte finish. Although it is part of the Artist Shadow line it is technically also a powder blush. This is by far my favorite out of the three because not only is it gorgeous but it works well with so many different looks and its a gorgeous blush for my complexion. 


I-824: Fairly Pink - a light baby pinky glitter shimmer with an Iridescent finish. Obviously this one isn't an extremely saturated color but it has great color payoff for what type of shadow it happens to be. This one is a great frosty holiday color. Perfect for a light wash of color across the lids or with a light hand it also makes for a stunning highlight, especially on fairer complexions. This color also goes great over top of other shades to enhance them and give them more of a pop.

I'll definitely be picking up some more of these in the near future! I might even pick up a few for friends because seriously what is cuter than making a friend their very own custom eyeshadow palette...NOTHING because its SERIOUSLY CUTE, just a thought. 

No comments :

Post a Comment