Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Top 10 Drugstore Favorites

When it comes to makeup I don't think the brand always matters. Sure there are high-end products I prefer over drugstore ones but the same goes for the other way around. There are tons of drugstore products that I absolutely adore because not only are they reasonably priced but they also work just as well if not better than any luxury brand out there. It is always important to realize that it isn't about the name of the product its about the quality. Just because a foundation says its lux doesn't mean it looks very lux if its oxidizing on your face making you look like a confused orange. Finding drugstore products that you love is also a great way to save some money for the high-end products in your life that you can't live without. 

I've comprised a little list of a few of my favorite drugstore products that I can't get enough of and find myself coming back to time and time again. 




- Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up Concealer - An amazing full coverage creamy and hydrating concealer for the under eyes and for covering imperfections. It has minimal to no creasing and although it is a cream and not a liquid it can be compared to the MAC Pro Longwear concealer. When you use a lighter shade it has an amazing brightening effect that makes you look much more awake and radiant. A little bit goes a long way with this product so attempt not to over do it! my favorite thing to use this concealer for is cleaning up my brows. 



- Revlon Double Ended Smokey Eye Brush - This dual ended brush comes with a small smudge brush on one side and an angled liner brush on the other. The angled brush is perfect for pristine brows and sharp cat eyes while the little smudge brush is great for smudging liner and blending out shadows on the lower lash line. Both sides of the brush have amazing flexibility with enough density to make sure that you can keep full control of the brush and create the most crisp lines possible.



- NYX Smudge Pot Gel Liner - This is my go-to liner for my everyday winged liner. It is super pigmented, smooth, creamy, and non-flaking. The formula helps to give me the control I need to get precise lines that won't smudge throughout the day. Before the formula dries it is also great for smudged liner looks because of how smoothly and easily it blends. Every time someone asks me what liner I use and I tell them its NYX they seemed shocked its a drugstore product and I'm kind of proud of that. 



- Jordana Easyliner for Lips - I adore these fine tipped retractable liners because they are creamy, don't dry out the lips, and they last all day. These semi-matte finish liners never feather or bleed so that lip colors stay locked in place. I also love wearing these by themselves because they are just so damn pretty. 



- Wet n' Wild Lipsticks - God bless Wet n' Wild for making amazing quality lipsticks at such a great price. All of their lipsticks are so creamy and pigmented that you would never think that they they basically cost pennies. The staying power of these is perfection and they have such a wide color range that there is something for everyone. As an extra bonus I feel like a lot of drugstore dupes come from this line. 



- NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder in Sunny - A gorgeous matte bronzer that gives you that perfect sun kissed glow without making you look orange or muddy. A perfect medium that really warms your complexion and gives a beautiful glow from within. It blends in so gorgeously that it's almost like your skin is naturally radiant. 



- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - I love this powder because it is super light weight and gives a flawless finish. It helps my oily self stay matte all day and is perfect for touch ups when I need them. I never have any issues with this powder caking up or resting too heavily. The only downfall is the packaging because it doesn't have a mirror and it breaks easily... but I guess nothing can be perfect. 



- Real Techniques Brushes - Most of my brushes are Sephora brand, not gonna lie, but my Real Techniques brushes are some of my favorite go-to brushes. They are amazing quality and apply makeup effortlessly. These brushes are great for someone who wants brushes that are going to do the job but aren't going to break the bank. There are even a few really nice kits that are perfect to get you started. 



- Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo Eyeshadows - I love these cream shadows under shadow or worn alone because they give off the vibe of effortless glamour. Even though I have oily eyelids I never have an issue with these creasing on me and the color is super long wearing. They have both matte and shimmer shades so there is always a color for every occasion. I'll use these when I'm in a rush just to add a little bit of color to my lids.



- Milani Baked Blushes - Milani baked blushes are perfect because they are so radiant. You can swipe on for a sheer wash or you can build them up for a vibrant pop of color. All the colors in the range have the ability to give your complexion a beautiful glow that really freshens up your look. 

No comments :

Post a Comment