Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Benefit Roller Lash | Review


I feel like everyone in the beauty community has their product niches, the one type of product they have a million of and are still constantly buying more of because they need to find the perfect one. For me that's lipsticks and I would say mascara is on the opposite end of that spectrum but, at the same time I could not live without it. Mascara is something I am going to throw on even when I'm not wearing any other makeup because it makes me look so much more awake and less like a little boy. With that being said I might not pine over mascaras but I can really appreciate a good one when it comes into my life. 



Benefit is coming out with a new mascara on February 27th that rivals to be a cult favorite right up there with the brand's They're Real Mascara. Honestly, I really do like the Their Real but in terms of mascara it is pretty basic. It does exactly what it says, it separates and gives length leaving you with natural looking long lashes but no real volume to speak of really. I would say it is one of those products that just brings out your natural features. The new Benefit Roller Lash mascara takes it up a notch. This mascara gives length while lifting and curling the lashes so that your eyes look more open and you look more awake. The unique "hook and curl" brush has straight and angled bristles so that they can grasp each lash and lift them upwards as you drag the wand down your lashes. This mascara doesn't really give any volume either but the lift that it gives does help them to look a bit more full and fluttery. I would say you only need about two coats of mascara for lush, lifted, and curled lashes. I never feel the need to use an eyelash curler with this mascara because it really does give an amazing curl that lasts all day. I personally like this mascara way more than Their Real because I love the way that this mascara helps to open the eye and doesn't make my lashes look spidery.



I really like this mascara and it has definitely made its way into my everyday mascara rotation. I think if you've been a fan of They're Real you will be a fan of this as well and honestly I think you'll like this one even more. Benefit recommends that you add a little bit of They're Real over the Roller Lash to add a little volume which looks nice so long as you only use a little bit. Personally, I think that the Roller Lash is enough on its own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment