Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday Favorites | Brushes

[Top: beauty blenders | Bottom Left to Right: setting brush, blush brush, blending brush, angled contour brush, contour brush, crease brush, angled liner brush] 


I think that the tools you work with are just as important as the makeup you are putting on your face. Using the right tools to apply your makeup can make all the difference in the world; they can change a decent look into a spectacular one so I don't think that finding what works best for you is really important. I know that some people want to skimp out in this department which is sometimes fine if you can find a great product at a decent price (everyone loves that) but, shouldn't always be the case. Invest some love into your brushes and tools because they are going to outlast any makeup product you get (or they should) and will be your best weapons.


Beauty Blender - Everyone knows about the glorious beauty blender since this tool has taken a life all its own and for good reason. I love using my Beauty Blender (or Beauty Blender Pro- the black one) for just about everything. This is the perfect tool for foundation, blending out concealers or cream contours, and even setting powder. This is one tool to rule them all and if I was only allowed to use one tool for complexion this bad boy would be it.

Real Techniques Setting Brush - I love this brush for setting the under eyes and for highlighting but, it's also great for other uses too. This brush is great for deepening the contour or to place cream contour and highlight. It gives great precision especially for contouring the nose. 

Real Techniques Blush Brush - Blush brushes are a pretty basic tool but, this one is my favorite because it is perfect for building up color. I also use this for when I bronze on the rare occasion because it allows me to get the perfect subtle amount of warmth. 

Sephora #27 Pro Blending Brush - The perfect brush for cut creases and blending colors out in the crease because of its fluffy bristles but precise pointed tip. This is also perfect for when you have to make a faux crease on a monolid. It's all about the blending. ALWAYS!

Sephora #75 Pro Angled Contour Brush - This is the best brush I have ever used for cream contouring since the angled shape makes creating sharp clean lines a breeze and its dense bristles are perfect for getting a great seamless blend. I also like using this brush for foundation because it allows for full coverage and the tip makes it easy to get into creases such as those around the nose. 

Sephora #79 Pro Contour Brush - I don't know about the rest of the world but I do a cream and a powder contour. I love using this brush for all my powder contouring needs. I use it to contour (duh,) add a highlight, and to sharpen my cheek contour by using a light matte powder right underneath the contour line. It's absolutely perfect because of its small domed shape and light fluffy bristles. 

Fluffy Crease Brush - Like I said in the beginning, sometimes cheap brushes are great and this is no exception. I don't know who made this brush, but I know it is just some random target off brand that I picked up on a whim. It might be nothing special but, it's great for putting the transition color into the crease and blending it into the brow highlight color. It's dual sided so the other end has a pencil brush on the other side which is lovely for blending out liner or adding color underneath the bottom lashes. 

Sephora #15 Pro Angled Liner Brush - I have a serious love for liner brushes because if you know me you would know winged liner is my jam. I find I get the best lines from this brush because it is so thin and the bristles are dense yet flexible. This is the old version of this brush but the new one is just as amazing it's just looks like it has dual fiber bristles and the handle is a little fatter. 

Overall I use a ton of brushes, these little guys are my everyday go-tos excluding a few other necessary brushes. I'm always on the prowl for new brushes so hopefully I find a few more to add to this list soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment