Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #16


[This post has nothing to do with my Dog...I just think I have a cute dog]

The other day, and by the other day I mean sometime idk last week, my friend Brooke and I were eating hot dogs trying to bask in the glory of the fact that we got out of work while it was still light out whilst we had to listen to the young family next to us awkwardly bitch about absolutely nothing. Yes, these people were complaining about absolutely nothing and it made me want to bang my head in with a rock because it really must be nice to have your biggest complaints in life be your daughter accidently dropping her hamburger and your wife not supporting your decision to be a T-ball coach enough while the other dads make no effort to help their uncoordinated sons. 


I don't know but, the situation made us realize how ungrateful people are in life... it's like people need something to complain about and yes I do my fair share of complaining as well but at some point it seems people are just grabbing at straws. It's like I wanted to walk over to this guy and apologize that his wife couldn't keep pretending that she cared about sports enough to really commend him on being an award winning father for dedicating some of his afternoon time to his kid and that I'm sorry that he didn't think to cut his small daughter's burger in half before allowing her to wrap her tiny little fingers around it. Like please, chill sir... I don't know your life but really if those are your biggest problems your life doesn't really seem that hard. You're clearly living in a pretty upscale town and you have a beautiful family, be at least a little appreciative about life. 

This may sound like a rant, which clearly it is, but it is also a little public service announcement that people really need to look at the brighter side of things instead of getting wrapped up in all the crap things about life. We are all more fortunate that we realize and we need to realize someone will always have it better or worse than we do. Yes, we should all strive to be in a better place but that doesn't mean that we should hate where we are now. We all need to be a little more thankful... I think that it makes us better people in the long run. 

No comments :

Post a Comment