Monday, May 4, 2015

Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipgloss in Bittersweet | Review


If I've said it before I'll say it again, I'm not always the biggest gloss fan. Typically I don't like the texture of most of them and I hate it when my hair gets all stuck in sticky glosses leaving streaks of color all over the place. But, I got the Urban Decay Revolution High Color Lipgloss in Bittersweet recently so I figured I would give it the old college try because the color looked absolutely gorgeous in the tube. 




Urban Decay Revolution High-Color Lipglosses are highly pigmented as the name suggests and come in 14 different colors ranging from nudes, brights, to deeps in both cream and sparkle finishes. Bittersweet is a vibrant true purple with a cream finish. The color is full, shiny, and almost looks opaque after one swipe across the lips while the Hilurlip technology in the product hydrates the lips and gives you a fuller looking pout. The color goes on evenly, doesn't feel sticky, or look streaky. The gloss wears comfortably and has a pretty good last to it. I would say that that the middle began to fade around three or four hours but it was easily fixed with a little touch up. Reapplication was simple and didn't become blotchy or build up in areas where there the gloss was still pretty full. The only thing I do have to say is that you should exfoliate before hand because the gloss will cling to the dry patches a bit. 

Although this isn't a product I would typically use on a daily basis I really do like it. I would even consider picking up one or two of the nude shades for simple light makeup looks or even for my makeup kit to be used by themselves or over other light lipsticks. Sometimes its good to try things out of your comfort zone because some things might just surprise you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment