Monday, June 8, 2015

Pops of Color for Summer | Lips


I really love bright colorful lips, I really do but, I'm sure it would be hard to guess from my typical makeup selections. Typically my lip colors of choice is either some variation of nude or something dark and vampy but, during the summer I tend to step outside my typical safe zone once and awhile to experiment with a colorful pop on my lips. I think it's a fun and bold way to mix things up without having to pull out the whole nine yards and really switch up the makeup game. 


Anything less than vivid just isn't bright enough for the summer months when it comes to pops of color for your lips because for some of us (me) it's the only colorful thing we may ever wear. So clearly when the occasion for color arises be prepared to make a statement. Trust me it's fun, it's flirty, and it will probably make a really cute lip imprint on your mimosa glass. I've come up with my favorite assortment of fun vibrant lip colors that I think are perfect summertime companions for all of your warm weather adventures.


Sephora Cream Lip Stain in African Violet - A vibrant violet with a slight shimmer that dries down matte for hours of bold color that won't smudge or melt off in the hot summer sun.

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Luna - A bright glossy peach that pairs perfectly with peach bellinis, brunch, and big floppy hats. 

MAC Candy Yum Yum - This matte neon pink is to summer what Barbie is to Ken - got it? Good. 

Sephora Luster Matte Lip Color in Mulberry Luster - A creamy raspberry (for some reason looks a bit more red in the swatch) that would make the perfect companion for a night out on whatever town you may find yourself vacationing in. 

Jeffree Star Velour Lipstick in Anna Nicole - An orange toned red that is bound to perfectly complement that whole bronze goddess thing you'll obviously have going on. 

Summer is supposed to be a time of fun and adventure so you might as well start somewhere easy then move on to the whole actually making plans and doing cool things part. 

No comments :

Post a Comment