Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Favorites | Random Non-Beauty Favorites


I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on some of the non-beauty related things that I have been loving lately because obviously they don't get enough recognition around here. I'm totally one of those people who loves silly little feel good trinkets, accessories, and stationery. I really have to tone it back a bit actually because all of my little things always turn into one big mess that is my room. I can't help it though I'm just a sucker for anything small and cutesie looking. If it's pretty or cute there's a good chance I want to buy it and display it on my desk or carry it around with me everywhere in my purse. 



First, let's talk about smashed pennies because my new baby collection of pennies has seriously been ruling my life as of late. Hell, I even caught myself looking at all of different designs they have all over the world because clearly I this has been the best use of my down time. Everyone in my family thinks it's the weirdest thing but, honestly I don't really mind because I think they are the cutest things. So with that being said if we're friends and you go somewhere with a smashed penny machine hook ya girl up with one...or five. 

The next favorite in line isn't really like the rest, it's my Aura Cacia Relaxing Lavender Room and Body Mist. A long lost favorite that has resurfaced in my life recently. I don't spray this on myself or anything like that but, instead I spray my pillow or blanket to help me get to sleep at night. Lately I've had trouble sleeping but, I haven't been wanting to take pills or anything like that so I've been using this instead. I can honestly say it's been working like a dream. It's so relaxing I feel like I fall asleep almost instantly now that I've been using this again at night. 

I'm so glad cat-eye sunglasses have been a thing lately because there is something so timelessly feminine and classic about them. They are such a flattering shape on so many people and there are so many unique sub-styles to choose from. My favorite ones I have come across so far have been these matte black ones from Forever 21. I think they are gorgeous and they were cheap enough to where if for some tragic reason I break/lose them I won't be blown on the cost. 

I always take a vitamin B complex and a ginkgo biloba every morning. Sometimes I'd forget if I was rushing around or something like that which was always a pain because then I'd have to try to remember when I got home from work. The whole thing was always a pain until I started carrying my little turquoise macaron pill holder from Urban Outfitters in my purse with me. Not only is it the cutest thing ever but, it allows me to just pop my vitamins as soon as I remember. Carrying full pill bottles was always a bit much for me but, this way I can fit four days of vitamins easily into my purse for those emergency occasions. 

This last favorite is more of an imminent favorite since technically I haven't been really able to use it yet. It's my Ban.do 18 month planner. I ordered it last month and I have been so excited to use it that regardless of the fact that I can't use it till August I tote it around with me from time to time. It's filled with every fun holiday you could imagine, places for notes, stickers, cute inspiring pictures, and suggestions for fun things to do on random days of the month. I'm so excited to use it to get organized and jot down all of the very important dates that will do doubt be entering my life. 

All these little things might be silly little favorites but, if I've said it once I'll say it again - sometimes it's the little things that can make us the happiest. 

No comments :

Post a Comment