Monday, July 27, 2015

Recent Top Subscription Box Discoveries


I've been doing the whole subscription box thing for about two years now. I started off doing the whole Birchbox thing then added in Ipsy just to end up canceling Birchbox and just sticking with Ipsy. I'm not going to lie a lot of the things I get either end up sitting around in makeup bins where they go to be forgotten or they get gifted to better homes. On the other hand though this is one of my favorite ways to discover new products because more often than not I get to try out new fun products from brands I've never heard of before. It also helps that I find it to be pretty exciting to get things in the mail. 

There have been quite a few products through these past few years that have made it into my makeup bag or everyday routine. I've even gone out and purchased a few things after trying them out or hustling friends who also have subscription boxes to give me theirs. By no means are the products I've picked out the only good things I've ever gotten but, as of lately these have been my favorites. 

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - I have since moved on to my full size but, ever since I got this sample and tried it out Perversion has been one of my favorite mascaras. It gives the perfect amount of volume and length for those lovely fluttery babydoll lashes. 

Ofra Eye Shadow/Highlighter in Bliss - I have yet to try it as a highlighter but I think this is a beautiful champagne gold eye shadow. Super easy to dress up or down for any occasion. I also love the fact that it's just as big, if not a little bigger than my MUFE shadows so it fits really well in my Z-Palette with them. 

Briogeo Rosarco Milk - This is one of the best leave-in conditioners I have ever used. It leaves my hair feeling softer, stronger, and protects against heat/UV damage. I spray it all over my damp hair after the shower from root to tip, focusing more so on the mid-lengths and ends. As an added bonus it's also all natural. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair - This is one of those hussled products I was talking about - I used mine and then my friend Megan gave me hers. When I was constantly dying my hair I loved using this hair mask as a treatment because it left my hair feeling softer and left my hair looking less damaged. I will definitely be getting this off Sephora.com after I go through this little guy. 

Evelyn Iona Concealer in Flawless - An awesome organic concealer that reminds me of the NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer because it has a smooth formula that easily and effortlessly covers any and all imperfections. Lately, it has been my everyday concealer for spots and redness. 

Personally, I find subscription boxes to be a fun worthwhile investment. Sure sometimes you get a few duds but, more often than not you find some worthwhile gold star surprises that you never would have found on your own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment