Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Light Makeup Medley


When I have a day off 98.9% of the time I don't wear makeup. I just take my days off as fresh face days so my skin can breathe and have a break from being smothered under a face full of makeup. Typically they are the days when I do my face masks and other skincare treatments. Sometimes on the rare occasion though I want to pull myself together a bit and pop on some makeup. I consider these days quite light makeup days although I feel like many people may beg to differ a bit.


On days when I have off I mostly just focus on complexion because I feel like that's what pulls everything together. On days like these I can typically get myself ready in 10 minutes which is far less time than usual for me. I don't run though all the steps of layering creams with powders and all that jazz. I keep it to what I consider the basics.

After priming I use my Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation in Sand and pop a little of the Sephora Bright Future Concealer in Parfait under the eyes and around the nose. I set everything with the Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Setting Powder in 14 to make sure that everything is locked in and doesn't so slipping on me throughout the day. I then finish off my complexion with the Milani Rose Blush in Romantic Rose and the Make Up For Ever Sculpting Duo in 1. I use both the bronzer and the highlight from the Sculpting Duo because I like the warmth and the glow that the pair gives together. I fill in my brows a bit with the Hourglass Brow Arch in Dark Brunette. Occasionally if I don't fill in my brows I will just use a tinted gel but, I don't have one that matches on its own at the moment. I topped everything off with the Sephora Balm in Oil in the color 09 Iced Coffee. 

On other random occasions sometimes I'll do more and other times I'll do less, like just put on mascara. It just kind of depends on what I have planned for the day. I love getting pretty and wearing makeup but, sometimes you just need to play it down a little. 

No comments :

Post a Comment