Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Party Eyes and Lips


Holiday party season is now in full swing, well not for me but it is for people with friends and lives and whatnot. That means lots of fun exciting makeup looks that for many people seem unthinkable for any other time of the year. It's the time of the year when glitter, smokey eyes, and generally bold makeup can run free and wild. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wear a lot of makeup all year round so for me, on the rare occasion I do go out and do something, I just use the opportunity to experiment a bit. 

For this holiday look I wanted to incorporate both of my favorite holiday (okay all year round) eyeshadow colors, cranberry and gold, together to create a spotlight smokey eye. I think the spotlight smokey eye is a fun look because it has a lot of pop and dimension. It also helps that it's pretty easy to recreate and switch up with different renditions. 



For my eyes I used a mix of Make Up For Ever and Nars eyeshadows. First I used M-660, a yellow toned camel brown, all over my crease as a transition color. I then went into the crease again with M-845, a deep cranberry. I was a bit more precise with the M-845, I used a pencil brush to create a thin outline of my crease before defusing it out slightly with a blending brush. I did the same thing with the shadow on my lower lashline. Afterwards I darkened the inner and outer corners of my lid with M-600, a pink toned chocolate brown. To give my eyes a pop I used the golden shadow out of my Nars Isolde palette on the center of the lid and lightly on the inner corners of my eyes. I topped it all off by lining my eyes with the L'Oreal 24hr Infallible Gel Liner and my favorite Sephora Collection Lux Lashes in Plush. 

Since I went heavy on the eyes I decided to go lighter on the lips. I used the NYX Lip Liner Crayon in Nude Beige to line my lips and added the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Sandstorm overtop. You could also do a dark lip with this look if you wanted to make it a little more edgy. I think a dark brown lip would also pair really well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment