Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate | Review


When it comes to foundations you can totally count me in on giving it a whirl if it's full coverage and matte. Even though I love a good glow, as an combo/oily skinned girl I know that glow has to be strategically placed and that matte finish foundations usually wear a lot better on me. It's the way of my world and I totally accept that fact; not that it really bothers me because I like a matte finish too. The key to makeup is all about finding what works best on your skin type; it's a science I've come to know pretty well. 

Enter the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate, this foundation is the new full coverage matte foundation wonderchild from Marc Jacobs Beauty. This oil-free foundation concentrate gives instant full coverage with minimal product. The applicator is a wand with a ball at the end that you use to dot the product on your face after you shake the bottle. You only need about four dots for a flawless full cover because this foundation has twice as much pigment as other full coverage foundations on the market. The amount of pigment in the foundation is honestly probably what makes it so matte since pigment tends to be pretty dry. The formulation of this product is also super thin and lightweight so after you buff the foundation into the skin it's almost looks like it fuses right into the skin. 



Since it is such a matte product though I would not recommend this for my dry skinned babes that tend to have dry patches because this foundation definitely will cling to those areas and it will not be a cute. For any other skin type wanting to rock this foundation make sure you moisturize and use a hydrating primer underneath it. I emphasis this especially for my dry babes because if you're skin is really dry this foundation could start to crack/separate. Even if you tend to be oily using a mattifying primer would more than likely be way too much and it would make the foundation sit on top of the skin and look cakey. 

Personally I used the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue as a primer and it worked like a dream. My face stayed matte throughout the day and even when I did start to become oily it was only in my t-zone and it was pretty minimal and was nothing a little blotting paper or blotting powder couldn't fix. My skin looked like porcelain but because the foundation is so thin it didn't look cakey at all. Everything looked almost perfect even by the time I got home from work so that means that the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate gets a thumbs up from me. 

The only thing I can say that I don't like about this foundation is the packaging because it tends to leak but, apparently from what I've heard on the streets they're going to be righting that issue.  

No comments :

Post a Comment