Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick - Molasses | Review

Oh look another nude brown lipstick how unsurprising is that. Zero shock factor here but, unlike almost every other lip I own this one shockingly isn't matte. I feel like everytime a new lipstick comes out I have to try at least one of the shades from the line. I may be obsessive but I'm going to say it's for the good of makeup science. I am a makeup scientist. 

Bite Beauty recently came out with their Amuse Bouche Lipstick line and my makeup science itch told me I had to give at least one of the thirty-six lipstick shades a good run. 

The Amuse Bouche Lipsticks are creamy, hydrating, and super pigmented so I really couldn't say no. The lipstick goes on super smooth and is almost opaque in one swipe across the lips. Since they're more hydrating and have twelve essential oils blended into them they are anything but matte. I would say they have a cream finish but, they still have a pretty decent wear to them. The wear time is about 4 to 5 hours without eating. They fade pretty well on the lips they don't look patchy or strange when they start to fade which is a bonus in the "not lookin crazy" department. I don't know if I can say the same about fading with the darker/more vivid colors but the midtoned and lighter ones wear quite well. They also have an amazing sweet citrus scent that makes me kind of want to take a little nibble out of it and I suppose technically I could because Bite only uses food grade ingredients in their products... I won't though. 

These lipsticks are so comfortable and since the color range is so vast there's a little bit of something for everyone. Sure they might not be "on trend" with the whole matte lip thing going on but, they are definitely worth checking out for the pigment and wear. Who knows you might even get converted away from the matte life...maybe. 

No comments :

Post a Comment