Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Favorites | Products I'm Excited to Try

I've been on a bit of an online shopping...well shopping in general binge lately because I keep seeing products here and there that I have convinced myself that I need to try. My amazing self control helped me not really dig myself into the whole but, I definitely allowed myself some small rewards for generally being on top of life at the moment. Small successes deserve at least some small rewards right?! - I like to think so. 


I haven't gotten all of my online purchases yet because I ordered everything at random times... more often than not late at night right before I was about to go to bed. Late night shopping seems to be my thing, probably because I'm tired and vulnerable. 

I have received some of my things along with a few in store things I've picked up/received and I'm already so excited about my purchases. It's a really good feeling when everything you seem to pick up is just totally golden without any strike outs. I assume it's the same feeling people get when they win a gold medal or something cool like that.

MakeupGeek Eyeshadows - I've heard so many good things about these shadows but it wasn't until last week that I finally decided I would place an order. I picked up five eyeshadows in pretty vivid colors (Lemon Drop, Fuji, Poolside, Neptune, and Curfew) - the exact opposite of my norm in hopes to push me out of my typically warm toned life. Part of me was worried I wouldn't use them but now that I have these babies I know that won't be the case. They are so creamy, blendable, and pigmented I can see myself reaching for these everytime I want a little switch up.

Invisibobble Traceless Hair Rings - I've heard the hype around these for quite some time so I thought I should give them a whirl. These hair ties basically look like little rings of telephone cord. They are stretchy but firm so they secure your hair in place without leaving those pesky kinks in your hair. They are actually super comfortable and when you place them in hot water they actually shrink back down to ALMOST the same size they come in the package. I love them. The only thing I regret is getting clear instead of black. 

Earth's Nectar Green Olive and Lavender Scalp Oil - My friend Julie recommended I pick up this oil for my scalp in order to calm any irritation from my psoriasis and to promote hair growth. It smells sooo good I can't get over it. I haven't used it on my scalp yet because I can't fluffin figure out if I should use it in wet or dry hair (Am I really getting outsmarted by a hair oil?!) BUT I have used it to tame some flyaways and add a little hydration to my brittle ends. So far so good and I have high hopes.

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick Androgyny - If you've been here for any length of time you'll know that I absolutely love Jeffree's liquid lipsticks. Celebrity Skin is my absolute go to and I have a back up on deck at all times. They have my favorite liquid lipstick formula out of any one that I've tried. I picked this baby up when they had their relaunch but I haven't gotten to use it in any special looks yet. I'm really itching to though so hopefully I can think of something fun to pair it with this week!

Hopefully everything else coming in the mail lives up to the standards these products have set. I'm just really ready to play with some fun new products. 

No comments :

Post a Comment