Thursday, June 30, 2016

Benefit Cosmetics Brow Collection | Ka-Brow, Precisely My Brow Pencil, Ready Set Brow


I'm sure I'm just like the rest of the beauty community when I say never in a million years did I think that eyebrows would be extremely important to me. Honestly, I think I was a little late to the game because it wasn't until college that I even touched them. Fortunately for me I was blessed with big-ol caterpillar brows that I was unmercifully teased for all throughout elementary school. In college I plucked them to the verge of nonexistence. Eventually I was intervened and I let them grow back in and thank God that they did because I can now admit I looked insane. I can't say they have ever been exactly the same but, man they are pretty damn coarse and bushy. 


Since those days I've just been filling in what i've got and trying out different products to see what lays best with my huge thick haired brows. Last month Benefit sent me three of their new brow products to try out but it wasn't until last week that I really started to play with them. Benefit only officially launched the new brow line a few days ago and it's been the largest one since the brand 
debuted. The line gave the entire brow line a new sleek look and is composed of 6 new products, color additions to their Gimmie Brow and Brow-zings. Now that the line has so many products in a multitude of shades there is something for everyone.

The three new products I tried out were the Ka-Brow, Precisely My Brow Pencil, and Ready Set Brow clear brow gel. 


The Ka-Brow is a waterproof cream-gel brow pomade with a built in angled brush for buildable full brows. I like that the formula is a little bit more powdery because it makes for a softer and more natural looking application. You can fill them in lightly or you can build up the color for dramatic brows. The thing that I like about powders and pomades is that they are the easiest products for me to use. Since my brow hair is so thick sometimes other products aren't able to lay or even get to the skin under my brows and they end up looking patchy. The only thing that I don't like about this product is the built-in brush. It was just too small and thin for me to really work well with at all. 


When it comes to the Precisely My Brow Pencil I think you'll find the design to be what now seems like a classic. A thin roll up tip that's always sharp with a spoolie on the opposite end. The waterproof formula is creamy and smooth making it a breeze to create hair-like strokes. I typically only use pencils like this to outline the bottom hairline of my brow because I have trouble getting thinner pencils through my brow hairs typically leaving me with patchy brows if used on it's own unless I really brush through them and move the hairs around as I go. I do find these pencils nice for those with sparse brows or people who don't have coarse brow hair.  


Everyone loves a good clear brow gel or at least I do anyway so I was really excited to try the ready set brow. This brow gel is a little different because it isn't a spoolie. Instead the wand is a comb with a long and a short bristled side to comb through your brows in order to brush them into submission. I love the formula because it has a nice strong hold without feeling crunchy or looking flakey. My brows stay in place all day with this gel but, I don't really know if I like the wand. It may be a personal problem but I feel a little awkward applying it. I feel like I can't angle the wand well enough to really comb down my brows the way that I want but maybe it's just something I have to get used to.

Benefit really out did themselves with this collection... I might just have to give their Brow-zings another whirl. 

No comments :

Post a Comment