Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tea Talk Tuesday | Post #56


I've been itching to do a huge purge and organize my room but, since I'm still healing from my surgeries that's not really a totally feasible thing at the moment. I really wanted to be able to do everything in one swoop (because Marie Kondo says that's how to do it) and come out of it feeling renewed and refreshed but considering that's not going to happen I've decided to divide out the process and do everything in small sections for now. 

Even when I'm sore and tired I know that I need to push myself to get out, push my limits, and get things done otherwise I genuinely feel like a POS for just sitting around not accomplishing anything and letting the world pass me by while I try to find the best position for my heating pad. Sometimes I lay on it, other times I wrap myself in it depending on the situation which is nice but, totally leaves me feeling like I need to get up and do something so I don't feel useless. I'm like a little baked potato (not high - just warm and loafy.)

In the past week and a half I've organized two closets and a dresser which is actually a lot in my humble opinion but I've still got a long way to go. I've given my parents countless trash bags full of clothes for them to donate yet, I still feel like I'm bursting at the seams. For whatever reason I'm craving that minimalist lifestyle and I'm starting to feel like it's a lot harder than it looks. I knew it would be hard but damn! I'm on the verge of throwing everything away just to start over again. The only thing holding me back is the painful regret I would feel afterwards because some things are just too good to let go.

Let's hope the rest of this purge goes as smooth as possible and that I actually make a decent amount of room for new things. 

No comments :

Post a Comment